BajaDriver

JBL MR 17 Issues

Has anyone ever done a replacement of the head unit and remotes successfully with out breaking the bank? Our head unit has finally started doing the JBL twitch. JBL is NO help and neither is Chaparral 

Yeah, that stuff was built by Prospec, who just licensed the JBL brand. What help are you seeking them JBL and/or Chaparral? Breaking the bank can be a mater of perspective. Clarion and Fusion both offer heads and remotes that should work, with maybe a little fabrication. 

Thank you! I spent un godly amounts of cash back in the day 3 amps 4 subs and 14 speakers. I want to say  it was close to 8k, it still sounds amazing like the day i bought it. 

I just upgraded from the original JVC & helm remote to an all Kenwood marine setup.    I went with their basic remote so I could use the existing wires from the helm to the stereo.  Plus there's an app that gives full functionality from a phone.  If you go with their upgraded remote with display, you'll have to run wiring to connect it to the head unit.  Been happy so far and price wasn't bad.