BawstinMike

Wetsounds WS-MC1 - Screen Mounting Question

Hey all...

New to the forum, I recently purchased a 2018 Chap 267SSX. I am in the process of removing the dated Polk Headunit and replacing with the Wetsounds WS-MC1. Anyone on here do the same? I am in need of some help/sugggestions on mounting the screen. Since this mounts from behind this will be tricky.

Thanks!!

The backside of the helm may be easier to access if you go into the helm storage area at the walk through and remove the nuts and washers from the studs that hold the helm shroud at the top of the compartment, then lift up the shroud to get to the back of the gauge area.

16 hours ago, BawstinMike said:

Hey all...

New to the forum, I recently purchased a 2018 Chap 267SSX. I am in the process of removing the dated Polk Headunit and replacing with the Wetsounds WS-MC1. Anyone on here do the same? I am in need of some help/sugggestions on mounting the screen. Since this mounts from behind this will be tricky.

Thanks!!

Congrats on a beautiful boat!  I don't have any experience with replacing the head unit but please post some pics of the boat so we can all see it.  It would be nice to see the new features Chaparral is doing to the SSX line.