Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Schaefer

Bathroom

Have 2018 Chaparral 330 Signature, used the bathroom this weekend and once flushed it smelled like someone got sick in my toilet. I know that’s not the case as I was with friends on my boat. Since the boat sat for 4 months and I just used it someone said I may need to change the sea land waste filter. I’m surprised with a new boat I would have this issue. Does anyone think the issues could be more than the filter? I did pump out and put a deodorizer in the toilet but no luck

Not enough info..........

What kind of system do you have? Some use fresh water and some use sea water.  

Fill you waste tank with water, than pump out.

Do this twice, your filter should be fine.

You could just remove it and see if that makes a difference.

Shop around on amazon for filters big difference in prices.

Save your old filter.

Check youtube their is a video out that shows you a quick way to make it refillable.

It's a head.

Pump out again and rinse the holding tank with fresh water. Put in some treatment along with a small amount of Dawn dish soap.

If it continues, Call your dealer. 

Probably a vacuflush and does not use seawater

14 hours ago, Jeff Schaefer said:

Have 2018 Chaparral 330 Signature, used the bathroom this weekend and once flushed it smelled like someone got sick in my toilet. I know that’s not the case as I was with friends on my boat. Since the boat sat for 4 months and I just used it someone said I may need to change the sea land waste filter. I’m surprised with a new boat I would have this issue. Does anyone think the issues could be more than the filter? I did pump out and put a deodorizer in the toilet but no luck

Congrats, that's a beautiful boat and you got the last year Chaparral is making that model, so that's a good thing.  It would be nice if you posted a couple of pics of it so we can see it.

There is a bunch of vacuflush treatment solutions you can easily get online or at West Marine.  Make sure it's for vacuflush systems and not regular household stuff and put it in the bowl, flush it a couple of times and even fill it up the holding tank (I think it's a 28-gallon tank on that boat.  Then have it pumped out completely.  If the original stink is bad (which it sounds like it) repeat the process.  Check the filter also and maybe even replace it so you're starting from new.  You should be good after that.

Do you have a grey water system on that boat?

20 hours ago, jeffk said:

Probably a vacuflush and does not use seawater

Yes, but other systems do. Thats another place were the smell can come from. He may need to change his vent filter too.

Putting treatment in than flushing it out is not going to do anything.

You may have an electric toilet that uses saltwater, if this sat for that long it will smell.

If you have a vacuflush and repeated flushing does nothing then add treatment and let it sit for a day or so to break up the waste.

I also through a gallon of vinegar every month to help the process.

Your boat is new I cant you having bad hoses and they would smell all the time not just during a flush.

Good luck!

Well, you put the treatment in the bowl and then flush it INTO the tank, not flush out of the tank.  How else are you going to get it into the tank?  I don't think feeding it through the pumpout is any good because of the vacuum and possibly check valves.  Either way, pump out the tank completely and get it empty as possible.  Add some treatment to the bowl and flush it to get it into the tank and let it sit there for a while.  Repeat the process a couple of times.

halfway through the 2nd season with our boat and we had this awful, musty, nasty stank in the head.  I tried treatments and bowl cleaner etc. and nothing worked.  I ended up taking the tank out of the boat into the backyard and washing it out with laundry detergent and rinsing it out a couple of times then reinstalling it.  Smelled like roses after that. :D Oh, and before anyone jumps up and down, it's very easy to disconnect and pull out the tank on my boat and I'm not suggesting anyone else do that.  It's what worked for me.

14 hours ago, jeffk said:

Putting treatment in than flushing it out is not going to do anything.

You may have an electric toilet that uses saltwater, if this sat for that long it will smell.

If you have a vacuflush and repeated flushing does nothing then add treatment and let it sit for a day or so to break up the waste.

I also through a gallon of vinegar every month to help the process.

Your boat is new I cant you having bad hoses and they would smell all the time not just during a flush.

Good luck!

Yep!! Thats what I was trying to say, but couldn't find the words.

36 minutes ago, jeffk said:

Boy does my grammar suck!

What's even funnier is that the guy who's grammar sucks $^& 1000 times worst than you understood and agreed with it LMFAO!!!!  :haha-7383:

2 hours ago, jeffk said:

Boy does my grammar suck!

That's what you get for texting at a light.

No, not really! Like me, we work with our hands. As my old boss once said, "We pay you fix things, not to write thing."

I've been working with my hands since I popped into this world and said "who's hungry?"  Still, it doesn't take much to write a gaddam coherent sentence! :haha-7383: