Sign in to follow this  
bob and betsy

October at Lake Mead

Just got back from Lake Mead after the last two years of a stem cell transplant for Leukemia and major back surgery. So nice to get out and run our Villain lll, especially in calm waters. Really missed time on the lakes and the relaxation. Water level still pretty low at about 128' below max. 

It's also been too long since I've posted anything here but priorities were elsewhere for a while.

Here's some pictures to enjoy. Even though I downsized the pictures, I could only attach two. I'll add another post with more.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got back from a week on Powell... Nothing better than Fall boating when the days are cool and the lake empty. 

We just had the Big Flush so Mead should come up a couple feet :)

20 hours ago, bob and betsy said:

Just got back from Lake Mead after the last two years of a stem cell transplant for Leukemia and major back surgery. So nice to get out and run our Villain lll, especially in calm waters. Really missed time on the lakes and the relaxation. Water level still pretty low at about 128' below max. 

It's also been too long since I've posted anything here but priorities were elsewhere for a while.

You sound like you're feeling better.  Wow, stem cell transplant AND major back surgery?  That's a double dose of tough stuff.  Back surgery alone is very difficult and recovery time can be quite long.  I have no idea about stem cell transplant but I'm sure it wasn't much fun, either.  Did you have to go through any additional treatment, chemo?   

I had gallbladder surgery in 2017.  Had 2, 1" diameter gallstones that were brutally painful.  Couldn't eat or sleep and lost a lot of weight prior to the surgery.  All of 2016 and a large portion of 2017 was a very difficult time.  Glad you're feeling better and able to get out like that.