Sign in to follow this  
love2boat

Rub Rail Replacement

Looking for advice on replacing the rub rail on a 1999 2130 SS Sport. I have seen an online guide for replacing a rub rail on another boat and it was recommended the same screw holes NOT be used to secure the new rub rail. Is this a true statement? If anyone out there has experience specifically with rub rail replacement on the 2130 SS Sport please provide information on correct replacement part number and supplier along with steps/techniques.  Thanks.

On 11/7/2018 at 1:25 PM, love2boat said:

Looking for advice on replacing the rub rail on a 1999 2130 SS Sport. I have seen an online guide for replacing a rub rail on another boat and it was recommended the same screw holes NOT be used to secure the new rub rail. Is this a true statement? If anyone out there has experience specifically with rub rail replacement on the 2130 SS Sport please provide information on correct replacement part number and supplier along with steps/techniques.  Thanks.

I don't mean to be difficult, but one option you may wish to consider is installing the later style ss insert and white gunnel molding used on say a MY 2008 210 SSi. Essentially the same mold and hull as yours but the interior deck is different. SS rub rail insert lengths should be the same for the 2130 SS and 210 SSi.  Cecil Marine could probably give you a quote on the parts. All the ss inserts are the same part # and length, except each model uses 1 special length ss insert that matches the gap left.

I know for a fact the factory extended swim platform of the 2008 210 SSi fits the 2130 / 2135 SS like a glove - again, Chaparral simply used your hull for the 210 SS / SSi models.

Taco Marine built the older vinyl rub rail for the 2130 SS models and I wouldn't be surprised if they make the current style too.

NOTE: on the factory ESP, they simply installed end caps to finish the look where the rub rail ends.

The last time I worked on replacing rub rail (newer style) we used a large tub of very hot water to help the white rub rail bend around the contours on the hull.

http://tacomarine.com/rub-rail

http://tacomarine.com/v21-9811

Power Boats > Bowriders

Power Boats > Bowriders