mpm330

Which Battery Charger

Trying to decide on new charger for the bow thruster battery. The ProMariner that has failed was a 1220i and I could go with a 1220p (20 amp), but seems to be over kill to me. I was thinking on going with the 1210p which is 2 battery 10 amp charger. The 1210p is about $70 less. The charger is normally not on when the bow thruster is being used, so it purpose is to recharge  the battery once docked. It has several days to do that most of the time. I am having a hard time paying the extra money. 

Go for the 1220. It will last longer since it will not work as hard. Meaning, if and I do mean if, if the battery needed 12 amps of charging. The 1210 will but out 100% until it reaches a certain level and than decline. But the 1220 would but out about 60% for that same 12 amps.

1 hour ago, mpm330 said:

Trying to decide on new charger for the bow thruster battery. The ProMariner that has failed was a 1220i and I could go with a 1220p (20 amp), but seems to be over kill to me. I was thinking on going with the 1210p which is 2 battery 10 amp charger. The 1210p is about $70 less. The charger is normally not on when the bow thruster is being used, so it purpose is to recharge  the battery once docked. It has several days to do that most of the time. I am having a hard time paying the extra money. 

Mike call Promariner directly they will give you a discount on a replacement for having a previous version.

27 minutes ago, The Great Escape II said:

Mike call Promariner directly they will give you a discount on a replacement for having a previous version.

Good option.

Is this charger dedicated to the thruster battery(s)?

If so - move away from a dry mount power supply capable model since you do not need that capability. Is it one bank of batteries?

I single bank wet mount capable would work perfect in that application - Prosport, Powermania, Guest, Dual Pro, etc. All less than or around $100.