Pogo Junior

Signature 330 Holding Tank

After a few weeks of observation, everything seems back to normal. Once a week, I unscrew the pump out cover slowly to check if there is any pressure in the tank. None so far.

So for now, I suspect that one of my guests in the boat operated the toilet pedal too much and pressure became abnormally high in the tank. But that’s unverified.

I will replace the exhaust filter soon and check if it is somewhat clogged and update you guys. Thanks for all the inputs. 

Can anyone tell me if this not OK?

After pumping out, I will pour several gallons of fresh water into the holding tank thru the same discharge port and pump out again until the water is much clearer.

1 hour ago, Pogo Junior said:

Can anyone tell me if this not OK?

After pumping out, I will pour several gallons of fresh water into the holding tank thru the same discharge port and pump out again until the water is much clearer.

I do the same thing every pump out. Helps keep the tank cleaner.

Good to know. I was worried there might be some complication that will negatively affect the waste system. I didn’t see it in the manual. Thanks for your responses.

when i come in to the marina sunday night i fill the bowl with hot water and flush.

I am not sure if if helps but i never have an odor.

So far, I have no problem on odor. But I read many times about people pouring hot water and some tablespoons of yeast to help breakdown and decompose the waste, just like in septic tanks. I wonder if it really works and worth the effort.