Sign in to follow this  
Hatem

Swedish Coastguard Police Chase.

This is crazy hilarious! :haha-7383:  Maybe even some pretty good boating skills!  While the title of the video says "drunker boaters," it's possible they were hammered considering the absolutely insanely and dangerous maneuvers they were pulling off, but another longer version of the video suggest that they were criminals or thieves or something along those lines.  

Who forgot all the AR -15 at base camp ?5 bullets into the bow should stop the little boat. If nota couple into the motor ?

They treat police that way ?

Pity anyone else.

15 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Who forgot all the AR -15 at base camp ?5 bullets into the bow should stop the little boat. If nota couple into the motor ?

They treat police that way ?

Pity anyone else.

There's actually two people in the boat. I can't imagine what this guy was thinking, some of those moves are insane.  He definitely has some boating skills, just used them in the wrong circumstance LOL. In the longer version he rams the smaller Patrol boat two or three times.

He must have been trapped in that bay because in the beginning, the two patrol ships came in through an inlet and he turned around to face them and they probably blocked his way out, so he had no choice but to either surrender or run around like he did lmfao.

Dog fight!   

No shots fired likely because they weren't fired upon.

From Hatems video above, it was interesting they didn't ram the guy until he rammed them. I loved the acceleration of the CG boats. Lots of horse power in that compartment.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, SST said:

No shots fired likely because they weren't fired upon.

I always thought that specific rule of engagement was very strange, especially for military SOP.  It doesn't even apply for cops on the streets as we well know and see almost on a daily basis, and for good reason of course.  

The power on that smaller patrol boat is incredible.  I think those are jet propulsion and man, that thing can get up and go.  

If they had only one way in or out, why did the CG give chase and put themselves in danger. I guess trying to prevent them from going ashore would explain it.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, SST said:

If they had only one way in or out, why did the CG give chase and put themselves in danger. I guess trying to prevent them from going ashore would explain it.

Did you notice the two cutters don't plane?  I'm thinking they're jet propulsion boats and I'm not sure if that's the reason that they don't actually plane on the water at those high speeds or if they're just not planing hulls to begin with, but why would they do that?  Doesn't make sense, but if you look at the few times that smaller cutter (or even the bigger one) are going really fast to keep up with the little boat, they're hulls are not planing whatsoever.  Forward hull is low making its own wake along with the transom wake.

I would think those things would get some serious air at those speeds.

2l-image-60.jpg

I'll take a guess and say it won't plane due to all the weight its carrying. First you have the weight of the motor.  That takes up 1/3 of the boat. Then you have the cabin which takes up another 1/3. Its like the F-4 Phantom. So heavy but you got engines to push it.     

They are indeed on plane.  The fact that the stern waive pulls away from the stern means it’s on plane.

11 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

They are indeed on plane.  The fact that the stern waive pulls away from the stern means it’s on plane.

Doesn't the bow need to lift off the water in order to be "on plane"?  A planing  boat means it's skimming the water to a certain extent where the bow to midship is above water and you lose that forward wake. The bow wake doesn't change whatsoever from when the cutter is going slow to when it's speeding and keeping up with the smaller boat.  Forward bow is exactly in the same spot almost like it's maintaining the same exact displacement as if it's not moving.

Bow heavy boats CAN plane. They just do not look like it. A major reduction of the hull underside wetted area qualifies as on plane. Each person has his own idea of a particular boats reduced wetted area.  Good armchair topic in a bar or patio.  More G & T.  Please.