LaurenVR

255 SSI

Still new but still love my new to me 255. Are there not a lot of the 255? Did I buy an unpopular boat? I don't know of any other owners of the 255.

I know that Cuddies are not in but it seems to be perfect for my family I was just wondering why there seems to not be a lot of them out there?

IMG_2407.jpeg

I know that Cuddies are not in 

You just answered your question. And, they are built so well, they last, and people just keep them.

I was lucky to find our 235SSi. We are keeping it until we are done boating (3-5 years more I think)

Nice boat, LaurenVR.  Cuddy boats definitely on the decline.  Too bad, really.  I'd be interested in a cuddy with AC/genny combo, but there's no such animal.  Not interested in a cruiser.  Then again, I also am interested in pontoon houseboats but they're dying off as well.  I liked the 35' Myacht.

Enjoy your boat.  You got a nice one!

great boat.  It's just that bowriders became more popular for the extra space.  Most people weren't actually using the cuddy for anything more than storage.

All cuddies are great for people who can not take boating.

Open the forward deck hatch & LAY DOWN on the bedding. Leave the door open for a good draft on the person  Will feel much better.

Fresh air & bow  water noise will relax them shortly.  Been there.

I like mine.  had it for about 4 years.  took me a loooong time to find it back then.  there were a few more around back then.  I wanted fresh water big block, so that narrowed down the inventory.   Only had to travel 200 miles, found a motivated seller and got a good deal.

Rarely see one for sale nowadays.  

LOL we own a 2006 Sunesta 252, I rarely see them. dont worry and enjoy. I always look at the owners face when i pass other boats. Your smile verifies your purchase. 

We love our 2835 LE Cuddy.  It has enough room on deck for 8 people AND a cuddy with an enclosed stand up  ( almost ) head.   The cuddy is perfect for getting out of the wind, sun, etc.  We have spent the night out in it a few times and it was very comfortable.  Not sure I would do a week + but a weekend stay is very doable.   The twin 350 Mags take up a lot of the engine room but there is space for a 4.5 KW kohler if we even went that route.   So far the 4 battery rig with twin deep cycle house batteries has proven more than adequate.   Pack the fridge with grillable items and the Magma will keep you fed. 

We had a 255 that we bought out of state a few years ago then sold when we moved to a lake front house on a smaller lake as we no longer needed a cuddy and it was too large for our dock.  It was an amazing boat, perfect for the larger lake.  When we were looking there were only 3 for sale in the country.  We quickly sold it for more than we paid for it.  There is a 265 here on the lake (open bow version) and I smile whenever I see it.  They are beautiful boats.  Post pics, here are some of our old 255:

Cuddys are in right now and to an extent rightfully so.  On small lakes or cottages really no reason for a cuddy to be honest.  But with that said Ive always boated great lakes, big lakes, tributaries etc.  Have only slept in a cuddy a few times, frankly not really the greatest thing in the world but it does give you options.  Usually boating where I boat a cuddy does give you some more protection from wind and is a little safer in regards to water coming over.  Also where I boat I would never really want to be anything under 23-24 foot.  So I had a 265 SSI, because of the elongated cock pit I could get 8 people in which was as much as most smaller open bows had,  Formula has a SS with the same concept and some other brands do as well. best of both worlds if you ask me.  Lastly bow rider means more people, I'm good with a select few on the boat, but don't need or want 10 people on the boat.