sfmatthews

Best place to sell a late model 226 SSI?

What is the best place to sell a late model 226 SSI. Boat Trader, this forum, Craigslist, other? I asked local dealer and they wanted 15% to consign it, no thanks. It is a black 2017 CHAPARRAL 226 SSI upgraded with wake tower and 300HP V8 with very low hours. Located in Clemson, SC.

Thanks for the feedback, Steven

Selling on this forum is not allow, probably why there are not any replies.  I have had the most luck with local e-Bay, the listing only shows up within 200 miles of me.  The dealer isn't going to help unless it is worth their time, hence the 15% consignment fee.  Good luck selling.

5 hours ago, sfmatthews said:

Is it typical that 135 people would view a post and no one would suggest any reply?

Steven

Yes.

If you're looking for folks already interested in discussing and buying/selling Chaparral then try Facebook.  I understand there's FB thingy for that.

15 hours ago, sfmatthews said:

Is it typical that 135 people would view a post and no one would suggest any reply?

Steven

Yep, that's this forum for you.  Like the others said it's against forum rules to promote anything regarding private sales of boats (or anything for that matter) on this forum.  Other forums allow it like The Hull Truth and iboats etc.  You're better off trying them and put it on a listing with either Boat Trader or Yacht World etc. or like Futzin said, Facebook.