Sign in to follow this  
dlymoon@yahoo.com

264 sunesta transom cooler does not drain?

I have a 264 sunesta with a built in swim platform cooler that is not draining.. It seems there is some sort of drain as it fills with water when it is in the water but when out of the water it does not drain at all.. I need to figure this out so I can winterize the boat.. my fear is it will freeze.. Help!

Use a small air compressor and blow it out to remove the clog. Even a garden hose, the water may push the clog out too..

Check the valve to make sure that it is in the open position. Mine has a ball valve inside the engine compartment against the inside transom wall. Make sure it is open. If it still does not drain after that, like Iggy said above it may be clogged and try blow it out.

22 hours ago, Chap243 said:

Check the valve to make sure that it is in the open position. Mine has a ball valve inside the engine compartment against the inside transom wall. Make sure it is open. If it still does not drain, like Iggy said above it may be clogged and try blow it out.

Ok I will look for this valve, so far I have not seen it, hoping mine has the same and it is just closed.  thanks for your reply..

On 12/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, dlymoon@yahoo.com said:

I have a 264 sunesta with a built in swim platform cooler that is not draining.. It seems there is some sort of drain as it fills with water when it is in the water but when out of the water it does not drain at all.. I need to figure this out so I can winterize the boat.. my fear is it will freeze.. Help!

Since the vacuum didn't work and I'm guessing you probably don't have a compressor with an air blower fitting and if you find out you don't have a shutoff valve, then it's probably clogged with some leaves or some other crap.  If you have a cordless drill with a hand-tightening chuck, get a coat hanger and straighten it out all the way.  Bend a tight loop at one end and stick the other end in the drill and slide it through until you get some resistence.  Then run the drill VERY slowly and that looped end should clear the clog right out, just like a drain snake.  Try sticking it in from both ends  (cooler and thru-hull) if you can't get it all the way through from one side because of the 90 degree turn.  Just don't crank the drill full blast, go slowly.  Works like a charm.

1 hour ago, dlymoon@yahoo.com said:

I tried my shop vac and it did nothing..

A shop Vac may not have enough force. Try a garden hose than........