Sign in to follow this  
dwboater

What motor do you have in your 267 or 277?

Hatem, Maybe I should go with the windlass anchor.  I always boat in fresh water. Does the polished stainless anchor get to looking old and beat up after use?

23 minutes ago, dwboater said:

Hatem, Maybe I should go with the windlass anchor.

I would. :)  The way Chaparral installs it on the 277ssx is outstanding.  Not only does it look terrific, it's easy to use.  Who the heII wants to throw an anchor in and retrieve it by hand in this day and age? lol  And it doesn't really extend beyond the tip of the bow by a significant margin, so your concern about the tightness at your dock and water level is understandable, but not worth losing it IMHO.  Just make adjustments accordingly when you dock and tie off.  Give the bow a bit more space and you should be ok. 

23 minutes ago, dwboater said:

I always boat in fresh water. Does the polished stainless anchor get to looking old and beat up after use?

Not unless you're constantly anchoring in rocky bottoms and get it stuck between boulders it gets all smashed up and neglect it and things of that sort.  You certainly don't seem like that type.  Wipe it down occasionally and polish it at the end of every season and it'll look new all the time.  Stainless steel is very easy to keep polished.

I believe the anchor Chaparral uses is a Lewmar stainless steel anchor.  Excellent quality.  I used a different brand only because I bought a package deal with the windlass from Anchorlift.  But I use the same roller & plate and the Lewmar anchor itself that Chaparral uses on the 277ssx (and I think the 287ssx also now) is a bit smaller than the one I got.

Looks great on the 267ssx. as well.

chaparral_267ssx_hullguard_2017.jpg

Four Winns uses the same style on their 310 Horizon BR.

l_237.png 

And of course, the 277ssx is perfect.

thruhull_windlass.jpg

1 hour ago, dwboater said:

I agree that the 5.3 seems too small.  It did pack a punch and seemed powerful but I feel like the motor would always be working harder than the larger displacement of the 6.2. 

You can change the ECM map, but not block. 380 HP 6.2L all the way.

I ordered our 2019 277 SSX with the Volvo 6.2 380hp last week! Now It’s a waiting game until April. Now I have to sell my two current boats! I think I did that backwards. :D

9 hours ago, dwboater said:

I ordered our 2019 277 SSX with the Volvo 6.2 380hp last week! Now It’s a waiting game until April. Now I have to sell my two current boats! I think I did that backwards. :D

Congrats, that's great.  Did you order it with the windlass?  What color?  Folding arch?  We'll be waiting for pics in April.  Be sure to check it bow to stern for every single possible detail before accepting delivery.

Do you have any pics of the Century Arabian 200?

Thanks! I ended up ordering it without the windlass due to my slip.  We really don’t anchor all that often either. I ordered it with a white power arch, white top deck and full black hull band. I do have pictures of the century. What’s a good site to bring the pictures over from?

8ZFv7L.jpg

P6pAD3.jpg

Wow, that thing is gorgeous.  Looks like it's in mint condition.  Love the front windshield on those things.  Hope it finds a good home.

Thanks, she is beautiful. I hate to sell it but I used my 267 3 days a week last year and the Century only 3 times all year.