Sign in to follow this  
Sweden

Sea water to toilet ?

Hi i’am from sweden so sorry for My english

I have a Chaparral 350 2003 and i wonder if i have some switch or something to take sea water to My vacum toilet instead of Fresh water, in 3 days the fresh water is empty because My wife is going on the toilet all the time ?

18 hours ago, Sweden said:

I have a Chaparral 350 2003 and i wonder if i have some switch or something to take sea water to My vacum toilet instead of Fresh water, in 3 days the fresh water is empty because My wife is going on the toilet all the time ?

No worries, your English is perfectly fine.  It's much better than some here, believe me! lol.

It depends on if your system has the "raw water flushing" option built into it already.  Do you know which system you have?  Any paperwork at all?  Does your system have a macerator & overboard discharge?

If you don't have a raw water flushing connection and really want to have that ability, you can always add it yourself.  If you are handy enough you can do it yourself or have a boat place do it.  You'll have to drill a hole in the hull, install a thru-hull fitting with a seacock, tube it to a pump and then to the toilet.  The pump would be wired to the flushing switch so that it works in conjunction with the toilet flushing and disconnect the current supply from the fresh water tank. 

Or you could install a grey water system and incorporate that into the flushing toilet, but that is a bit more complex.

An easy option would be to increase your fresh water capacity by changing the current tank to a larger one or adding a 2nd one if you have the space.

Keep in mind, though, that raw water systems in toilets tend to be much more smelly than using fresh water.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:32 PM, Sweden said:

You don't want to add raw water into your system. You have a Vac-u-flush system which calls for tap water from your tank. The salt and dirt that a raw water system will ruin your duck valves and other moving parts. Also, the raw water will smell from just sitting there in the lines after a day or so. 

Remember when you married her, "for better or worse".