Sign in to follow this  
Iraq 69

A couple add ones to our 2019 H2O sport

nice, I have the same letters and almost the same guide rails. Sure has helped my wife trailer the boat in the wind. They have gotten slightly bent from time to time due to the current and wind and I have had to straighten them back but glad I have them. If you do have to bend them back, its easiest to do when the boat is off the trailer. Can just bend them back by hand. 

I like your registration letters.  Looks great.  Does MO specify that the sticker be located underneath them?  Here in KY they are in-line.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, Iraq 69 said:

Her are a couple things we did getting ready for spring 

85816EE0-2604-4E5C-AB72-E04DC9EFC3F1.jpeg

I had those guide poles on my EZ Loader also.  It came with them and they helped A LOT the first year (2014) we trailered the boat to the ramp every time we went out boating.  The 2nd year we trailered half the season and slipped the other half because it was a pain in the aaaasssssss!  It works for a lot of people, even for us, but after a whole season of that crap, it was just too much with a crowded ramp and a 5 - mile drive each way and in the ocean.

The end of the 2nd year, we towed the boat from Boston to Ocean City MD to meet up with a forum friend who had a 327ssx and boat and fish the Chesapeake Bay and some off-shore wrecks as well.  I used to make that trip once a year to attend a carving competition and it was a 9-hour drive in just a car.  It was 12-13 hours trailering the 276 but worth it.  We stayed there for 5 days and had a blast and a half, then headed back.  Somewhere on I-95N in the mountains of Connecticut, my son and I noticed people speeding up to our side and yelling while pointing towards the back of the boat.  We figured something happened but had no idea.  Now we were like WTF now!?  So we pulled over and walked back to look and noticed one of those guide poles had fallen off and was missing.  A lady pulls up behind us and says the thing is laying in the middle lane about 2 miles back.  We asked her if it caused an accident and she said it didn't seem so as traffic was moving and the thing just laying there.  My son and I contemplated going back to get it or just forgetting about it.  Worrying that there might be a couple of CT troopers waiting and I'd get ticketed badly for having an "unsecured item" (which is not a fun ticket) and it would just be a royal nightmare...we decided to check the other one to be sure it was tight and got back in the truck and hauled asss outta there!

It's too bad because I've never been able to find that exact one and size to match that original, galvanized one we had on the trailer.  I looked everywhere and not even EZ Loader had the same ones that fit and matched.  So I got rid of the other one and don't use them anymore. 

This was after installing 2-1/2" PVC piping over the guides to protect the boat but noticed it would leave these horrible PVC shavings on the boat.  Didn't damage the hull at all, but left those really annoying marks.  So then I bought the nylon sleeves to go over the pipes like you have on yours.

wTKBIbT.jpg

This was during that trip.  Fishing a wreck with our buddy Rob and his wife and their 327ssx off of Ocean City.

ua14sRC.jpg 

We had a great day that one day.  Caught a bunch of fish an a huge, 8ft sunfish pulled up to our boats to check us out and right after it left, these yellow-rumped warblers were migrating through and were tired as heII and decided to land on our boats and take 10-minute power naps before continuing on their journey.  Hard to believe they were flying 25 miles off shore.

inTKGGQ.jpg

xqQuv5Y.jpg

On 1/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, Iraq 69 said:

Her are a couple things we did getting ready for spring 

85816EE0-2604-4E5C-AB72-E04DC9EFC3F1.jpeg

Is that a pool noodle? I have the pvc pipe, but like was said above can slightly mar gel surfaces. Something to soften it up would be nice.

I have a pair of those PVC pipe boots.  Mine are black and I believe nylon and slip nice and snug over the pipes.  Bought them with the new guide poles I had to buy after losing the one of the original ones, but never used them since they never really fit well like the original ones.  They work great and prevent that PVC rubbing off and leaving streaks on the hull.  You can get them almost anywhere.

https://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/Boat-Trailer-Guide-Post-Covers-For-PVC-Guide-Poles_p_1462.html

On 1/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, Futzin' said:

I like your registration letters.  Looks great.  Does MO specify that the sticker be located underneath them?  Here in KY they are in-line.

Futz, Mo does specify that but also says if there is insufficient room underneath, as close the the number as possible. I have always had mine on the side and have never had any problems. On my Chap, I have my numbers above the rubrail on the white gelcoat and have always thought they were more visible there. Our reg stickers are dark and would not be as visible on my red stripe below the rubrail, so that's another excuse for me to put it where it is.

14 hours ago, Iraq 69 said:

Great stories, thanks for sharing 

Iraq, Where are you at in MO? We are in the STL area.

Hey tomnjo

we are near Kimberling City, west of Branson

yes futzin’

sorry I missed your question earlier

the guide on pads are foam with a nylon cover that fits real snug onto the pvc pipe. They are from beyond the wake, 50” long ones that fit perfect.

marc

We know Kim City very well, go there once a year for a Crownline Owners Rally (ssshhh, we used to have one, they still let us hang out with them)  :rolleyes:

On 1/9/2019 at 9:08 PM, Iraq 69 said:

Great stories, thanks for sharing 

Ya man, not enough of that type of thing on this forum as of late.  Hopefully you'll have a lot of pics and cool stories to share once you get out there with that H2O.

Speaking of those guide poles, even though they help quite a bit, first few times out as a newbie, I found myself perpendicular to those things trying to load the boat in current and wind.  :haha-7383: sucked even more with that villainous crowd watching and seemingly rooting for you to fail.  Bastids! 

One time it took 3 or 4 go-arounds and when the boat was finally on right and secured, forgot to trim the outdrive and as I'm pulling up with the truck, I hear a 1000 people screaming and stopped just in time, maybe an inch to spare between the ramp and the skeg.  It's definitely nerve-wracking until you do it enough times to build up confidence.

I’ve been calling around about SeaDek or something similar for our swim platform, does anyone know what company already has templates for h20’s?

Hey Hatem

we came to the H2O from a pontoon so we know about wind getting you all screwed up. We also had an open bow 20 ft for 15 years and they do load much better but the wind can still provide lots of entertainment for the watchers. We camp every other weekend from April though Oct and try to reserve the campsites near the boatramps for all the hooting and hollarin fun we can have. We have been on that end of the laughing ourselves.

Later