Sign in to follow this  
Toddler

Chicago Boat Show

Well just got back from the Chicago Show.  

Now the main story........

Mary Jo brought this bad boy and it is a Fantastic Boat. http://www.chaparralboats.com/Chaparral-Boat.php?id=471&action=tab_highlights&country=226

Just like the 326 was one of the first crossovers this is way better. A Center console with seating for 3, and the bench pivots and swings to starboard opening the cockpit. Access to the head/sleeping area is better and taller. The cockpit floor is level no step up or down, Side entry door. Sun pad in the bow is larger than the others I was planning on looking at. Plenty of room to move around the engines on the swim platform.

IMG_0565.JPG.07adcb14b9f5946087876089cad5d903.JPGIMG_0562.JPG.f0096a526e35db7d3c014ba60cbd5c5d.JPGIMG_0549.JPG.b3623df35483e87d9230611a9a8df20a.JPGIMG_0564.JPG.3190e1940e6bf716259fa3a9e9bff632.JPG 

The only thing it doesn't have is a sink or cooking area. 

PS  I did not know this boat existed till today.

:oregonian_winesmiley: to the design team in Georgia. :clapsmiley:

The reason I went....

I went to look at 3-4 boats with outboards and low and behold none were there Regal 290 OBX, SR 310 OB, Cobalt 30SC And Formula 310OB.

Would you believe none of these were there, They all stated that they have sold the OB models in the midwest but mostly on the coasts. They all had the IO models but not the OB's. Really! Anyway I did look at them all and only one the IO models has a head tall enough for me to sit in the head without hitting the cealing. It was the SR. They stated that the layout were the same except that the OB's take up some of the swimplatforms, it wold of been nice to see them in pearson.

Maybe next yearor maybe not.

:boating:

That’s very cool. Looks perfect for the Great Lakes and Ocean. Any chance it’s a rebranded Robalo? There’s similarities, but also differences. Really nice. Thank you for sharing.

54 minutes ago, Toddler said:

The only thing it doesn't have is a sink or cooking area. 

PS  I did not know this boat existed till today.

:oregonian_winesmiley: to the design team in Georgia. :clapsmiley:

Nice.  I've been looking for pics of that boat aside from the FB video that was posted earlier this past summer and couldn't find anything.  It's almost like they kept it under wraps for a reason.

They try to combine too many different type of boats into one model these days.  

3 hours ago, Curt said:

That’s very cool. Looks perfect for the Great Lakes and Ocean. Any chance it’s a rebranded Robalo? There’s similarities, but also differences. Really nice. Thank you for sharing.

I was on the 30 foot Rabalo completly different boat, the Rabolo was more function than the Chap; ie, fishing vs cruising.

.:boating:

14 hours ago, Toddler said:

I was on the 30 foot Rabalo completly different boat, the Rabolo was more function than the Chap; ie, fishing vs cruising.

Wait a minute, this isn't the joint Robalo/Chaparral CC project like Curt eluded to?  Or are there 2 separate brand models based on the same design?

By any chance did you see the Monterey 305 that was to be my next boat bu tnow Chap also has something now.

1 hour ago, jdsdls05 said:

By any chance did you see the Monterey 305 that was to be my next boat bu tnow Chap also has something now.

Not there either, I looked for it also.

2 hours ago, Hatem said:

Wait a minute, this isn't the joint Robalo/Chaparral CC project like Curt eluded to?  Or are there 2 separate brand models based on the same design?

Two completely different boats........ H

The company was trying to create a product the public didn’t yet know it wanted, said Chaparral senior vice president Mike Fafard.

“That’s the advantage we have in building fishing boats [with the Robalo line] and sport boats, and seeing them grow inland,” said Fafard. “I think it’s an indicator people want something functional.”

Not a fan....enjoy!

And for @ $250K base price?!  That's a bit steep for what it offers.  I realize those two Yamaha 300s are probably around $100K, but maybe that's the friggin problem!?  Those power packages are just prohibitively expensive. 

I'm still confused about the whole Robalo/Chaparral partnership or lack of it.  It seems like there isn't anything partnership-wise in this case, and so why was there all this hype about it? 

If I had the coin laying around, aside from the lack of cooking/sink space, this would be perfect for our use--day boat with lots of deck space, but also overnight capability for a couple people.  I'll bet that thing moves too, with that power combo.

42 minutes ago, jdsdls05 said:

One thing is I think the windshield should be a lower profile or at least have an option

Not likely to happen on a 'blue water' boat . . . or a big water boat, if you prefer