Sign in to follow this  
wfbacker

Seadek or Gatorstep for swim platform

I've had SeaDek on my swim platforms for eight years.  Absolutely love it.  I've heard Gatorstep is good too.  Either should work.  Very worthwhile upgrade.

y4mPCh-S-Bq5DKipvdRt-SFJiNf0KVUVBZ25Nlf4

Love SeaDek. Lots of experience with it. All positive. Regardless of who you decide to work with, take the extra time, spend the few extra bucks and do the dry fit unless they have your exact pattern already. Then, when the finished product is received, follow the prep and installation instructions, and take your time. Success is a lot like the old adage measure twice cut once. Done right, it really makes your boat more functional and better looking. 

Gatorstep has the template for my boat, but SeaDek does not.  And, Gatorstep will send their "paper" template for me to put on my boat before I place my order to make sure it is a perfect fit.  I guess with SeaDek, I would have to make my own template.  I would hate to screw it up.  

I did my own template for my boat.  I basically used the cross hatch edges as my borders.  Worked out well.

1 hour ago, Futzin' said:

I did my own template for my boat.  I basically used the cross hatch edges as my borders.  Worked out well.

Exactly.

I don't remember the cost.  We got a group buy discount at the time (2010).  Pretty sure they don't offer that any more.  It was a hassle to get eight parties to commit, get templates, approve plans, order, etc.  Not a bit surprised they no longer offer the discount, but in 2010 they were still a fairly young and hungry company.  The product is fantastic, IMO.