Sign in to follow this  
Pops

Time to say goodby

Time to say goodby. Sold my 2550 SX Sport today.

Hope everyone the best and happy boating.

Fair winds to you, good sir.  You will be missed.  Someone got a very nice craft.

Best wishes . . . 

You can still stick around... We won't poke too much fun at you for not owning a boat.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:15 PM, Phillbo said:

You can still stick around... We won't poke too much fun at you for not owning a boat.

LOL, downgraded WAYYYYY down.. Got a Kawasaki STX 12f Jet ski now. The big boat was just getting to be too much work for me with a very busy work schedule now.

Rather let her go so someone can enjoy her, rather than rot / fall apart on the trailer.

19 hours ago, Iraq 69 said:

Later dude

hope you stay close to help out

marc

Marc, I'll still be here, just not so active.

I have a similar feeling this winter. So easy to pull a muscle doing boat covers off & on. Actually I can pull several lightly, very easily. Doing winter prep work on all the power machines.

The 186 requires a lot of climbing, kneeling  over the seats to snap on and off covers.  The little Lowe is so much easier to do with just the Bimini top. Happy I have had the 2nd 186 to enjoy.

Local dealer said he has this 186 already sold when I am ready. Fellow skier of my first 186 buyer has a friend wanting one.  The 2 nd best day is approaching. Chaps are good boats

8 hours ago, Pops said:

LOL, downgraded WAYYYYY down.. Got a Kawasaki STX 12f Jet ski now. The big boat was just getting to be too much work for me with a very busy work schedule now.

Rather let her go so someone can enjoy her, rather than rot / fall apart on the trailer.

Hey now.. .I said we would not make fun of you for not owning a boat, but a jet ski ??????? 

:)

3 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

I have a similar feeling this winter. So easy to pull a muscle doing boat covers off & on. Actually I can pull several lightly, very easily. Doing winter prep work on all the power machines.

The 186 requires a lot of climbing, kneeling  over the seats to snap on and off covers.  The little Lowe is so much easier to do with just the Bimini top. Happy I have had the 2nd 186 to enjoy.

Local dealer said he has this 186 already sold when I am ready. Fellow skier of my first 186 buyer has a friend wanting one.  The 2 nd best day is approaching. Chaps are good boats

I noticed this past season that I'm not as agile as I've been over the previous years. Crawling in between the trailer axles and the hull while trying to clean it is getting difficult and annoying.

When having to maneuver the boat within the slip or along a wall by hand, I noticed that my lower back isn't tolerating the strain like it use to. It takes 1 second for my lower back to go out but 3 days or more to get it back working again.

But, the value I get out of the boat is more than the cost going into it. So I keep doing it over and over again until I finally learn my lesson.   

I am beginning to have the same questions regarding how much longer I will keep my 220 SSi.  We only went out two times last year, due to a new Airstream and my wife having surgery at the beginning of July. Our kids have graduated and moved away, so we no longer have a “boat full of teenagers” to drag around the lake. We are also considering downsizing the house, prior to retirement,  which then brings the issue of where to store a boat. Will see what this summer brings...

brick

Wait . . . WHAT??

Ok.  Not April 1st so that's not it.

Slip it at your nearest favorite lake in a covered slip on a lift.  If there are campgrounds nearby then all the better.  :D

I feel better guys. Nice to have others reaching similar time of life.

I would take the dock chicks out as crew to help in docking.    BUUTT    To much sun lotion to remove from everything.  I appreciate their waves & smiles each way.   L I G  :)

5 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

Wait . . . WHAT??

Ok.  Not April 1st so that's not it.

Slip it at your nearest favorite lake in a covered slip on a lift.  If there are campgrounds nearby then all the better.  :D

We discussed that option, too. With retirement getting closer, we have a lot of options to consider. 

brick

They do not wave as much when I go by  in the tiny Lowe 16' cheesy aluminum fish boat with the O B.  :boating:

36 minutes ago, brick said:

We discussed that option, too. With retirement getting closer, we have a lot of options to consider. 

brick

The convenience is wonderful.  The first time we walked by the LONG line of boats waiting to launch on our way to our dock . . . oh yeah!  And camping nearby, we can head over to the marina any darn time we want.  But likely our wants may be different from yours.  We're not much interested in wandering with the camper; we really consider it our lake getaway (no housing/cabins on our favorite lake).  Our excellent quandary:  Is our camping cutting into our boating; or is our boating cutting into our camping?  

Hope you and Mrs. brick are enjoying your camper.  Let us know if you venture into So. KY. 

A docked boat in the water is great. Step in and go.

Futzin nailed a dock / slip space perfectly.

A friend has a dock with a lift.  The boat on the lift is rarely used.  The center console takes everything for rides. Bow rider 0n the lift is covered  with poop.

5 hours ago, Futzin' said:

y4m-QkXcYV5LK1Y-_7WWs0YvYzhLMGjbYSqRUHOG

Is that "lake" where Prestone fills it's 1 gallon jugs?  Just kidding. Nice set up.

You have problems w/ spiders in those covered docks?

I'm kinda in the same "boat" as Brick. Talking about retiring and moving south to coastal NC / VA area. Really starting to hate the cold up here in NY (along with a host of other things, but not sure if this is the appropriate place for that discussion ).

Don't think my old Chap was the right fit for down there. If I get another boat, it'll be with a pair of outboards on it, due to the constant salt, and probably a center console for fishing. Seems more practical than what I just sold.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Is that "lake" where Prestone fills it's 1 gallon jugs?  Just kidding. Nice set up.

You have problems w/ spiders in those covered docks?

Not too bad, actually.  We keep the boat covered with bow & cockpit covers and then the mooring cover over all.  The black mooring cover obviously gets the worst of it of dust, pollen, bird poo, etc.  But the gel and interior stay nice, so it's worth the extra time to uncover/cover.

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Is that "lake" where Prestone fills it's 1 gallon jugs?  Just kidding.

LOL!  That is some green, antifreeze-looking @#$%@# if I've ever seen any! :haha-7383:

Wife & I are discussing disability option s when they arrive. At 81 & 76.  Turns out We can not easily go to a retirement care To die in style. So I will stay in N J only.

We can easily hire people to do physical things & help us move around in the house as needed. Beats selling everything and still coming up too tight on monthly maintenance fees to live in a 900 foot box.