Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySeaII

NY Boat Show

Anyone going to the NYC Boat Show this year?  I think my daughters and I are going on Saturday.  My 14 yr. old wants to go to the 911 Memorial/Ground Zero while we're in the city.  The Admiral doesn't want to go this year so just going to be me & my girls!

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, MonkeySeaII said:

Anyone going to the NYC Boat Show this year?  I think my daughters and I are going on Saturday.  My 14 yr. old wants to go to the 911 Memorial/Ground Zero while we're in the city.  The Admiral doesn't want to go this year so just going to be me & my girls!

How long is the drive from wherever you are in PA to NYC?  I heard this show has gotten smaller and smaller through the years, which is odd considering this is NY market.

We have the New England show coming up in about 3 weeks so we're all set.  Usually pretty big and goes on for a week+.  Looking forward to it this year, especially for electronics and shtuufff like that. 

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

How long is the drive from wherever you are in PA to NYC?  I heard this show has gotten smaller and smaller through the years, which is odd considering this is NY market.

We have the New England show coming up in about 3 weeks so we're all set.  Usually pretty big and goes on for a week+.  Looking forward to it this year, especially for electronics and shtuufff like that. 

it's a 2 hour ride for us.  We take the bus right into the city and the Javits Center is a few blocks away.  The bus station is only about 15 minutes from my house so it's convenient.  The kids like going into the city so it's an annual thing.  The NY Show got small but over the last few years it's getting bigger again.  Just a fun day to get out of the winter doldrums!

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, MonkeySeaII said:

it's a 2 hour ride for us.  We take the bus right into the city and the Javits Center is a few blocks away.  The bus station is only about 15 minutes from my house so it's convenient.  The kids like going into the city so it's an annual thing.  The NY Show got small but over the last few years it's getting bigger again.  Just a fun day to get out of the winter doldrums!

I just got a tweet from Boating Mag and they were featuring the new Boston Whaler Conquest 315 and I just about fell off my chair.  The thing is marked down from, get this, $447K to $383K lmfao!  I mean seriously, I know it's a Whaler which is up there with Grady Whites and all that happy @#$%@#, but Jesus Christ are these people out of their friggin minds?  If I ever spent anything close to that kinda loot, it would have to be a 50ft Azimut flybridge for crying out loud.  These boating companies are out of their gaddam minds.

https://twitter.com/boatingmagazine/status/1088913145480052737

So much for all that BOOMING economy & tax give back money to Corporations & upper crust.  The Government shut down did a BIG number on a lot of luxury / big sales / deposits.  Americans are feeling the pain & are more worried about money coming in every payday. Credit ratings are in the trash cans everywhere.

The show was definitely a little bigger this year.  The hall was pretty packed full of boats.  Very crowded too!  But like you guys just mentioned, the prices are just completely outrageous!!!  The bowriders in the 26-30' range are $150K-$200K++ . My kids liked the Monterey 305SS and that was over 200K.  They also loved the Chap 347 SSX but that is just way out of my league!  Then I looked at some of the large center consoles and they were 3-400K!!  Not sure how people afford these things.  My 256 has been paid for since 2010 so it's tough to swallow the payment that comes with the new boats!!

Went to the Louisville, KY Boat/RV show yesterday.  Only thing in my size range that I liked was (again) the Bryant Calandra.  It's a 23 footer with a boat show price of more than twice what I paid for my 220 (which I still love, thank goodness).

Neither Regal nor Four Winns were represented at all.  For Chaparral, the only non-H2O model was a 246.

Good thing we enjoy browsing the RVs . . . 

We will prolly skip the (small) Lexington show entirely . . . not interested in pontoons, bass boats, or jet boats.

I bought my 256SSi new in 2007.  The current model 277, which is about the same size is pretty much double what I paid!!  Unfortunately my salary hasn't doubled!!!  Knock on wood, my 496 still runs great and my boat is immaculate!  I guess people basically have a 2nd mortgage when they buy these new boats.  1K/month for 20 years!!  After putting 20% down.  When you are feeling pretty good about your financial situation, just go to the boat show and you'll be knocked right back down to the poor status!:haha-7383:

Bought a 300 SR Sundancer in 1988, and sold it 10 years later for 11% less than I paid for it. The only thing inflated retail does is help the used market. It's like waves on the ocean, soon they will cheapen even the best rides to cut costs and survive, and then the prices will soften as models start to get stale. Sea Ray has only one plant still in operation. You would have thought that Brunswick would have learned their lesson with Harley Davidson. I looked at the new Whaler's too and they were impressive from a distance, but don't get too close. I want a Southport but can't afford it. A Cobia is my next choice. We should have seen this coming when Yamaha want's 5 grand extra to paint a motor white, and they don't even do it in house.  W

7 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Bought a 300 SR Sundancer in 1988, and sold it 10 years later for 11% less than I paid for it. The only thing inflated retail does is help the used market. It's like waves on the ocean, soon they will cheapen even the best rides to cut costs and survive, and then the prices will soften as models start to get stale. Sea Ray has only one plant still in operation. You would have thought that Brunswick would have learned their lesson with Harley Davidson. I looked at the new Whaler's too and they were impressive from a distance, but don't get too close. I want a Southport but can't afford it. A Cobia is my next choice. We should have seen this coming when Yamaha want's 5 grand extra to paint a motor white, and they don't even do it in house.  W

I like the Scout Center Consoles.  Very nice quality.  Sailfish has a new 36' CC that was sweet too.

55 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

I like the Scout Center Consoles.  Very nice quality.  Sailfish has a new 36' CC that was sweet too.

Scouts look solid to me also, but off-shore I liked the Cobia better. My dealer has a sweet 301 Demo with 50 hours abd with twin 300's but where I'm looking to buy, that's just a bit too much boat for the home's facilities. The 277 CC is a stretch but it would work. W

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, MonkeySeaII said:

New England boat show starts this Saturday and lasts about a week and today I'm on I-93 heading south into Boston and I see these two trucks zipping by me.  Obviously going to the boat show but I couldn't tell what brand they were.  Looked really cool with those gunwale curves and had folded stainless or chrome towers with speakers and other things I couldn't identify.  But what caught my eye is they don't look like outdrives and probably jet boats and/or surf boats with that wide, paddle at the stern.  Not the greatest pics to take on the fly doing about 65, but any ideas?  You can see that paddle better in the 2nd pic.

frnbvCc.jpg

ghlAtGy.jpg

WKeK81r.jpg

I think you're right.  looks almost exactly like this one.  Even the trailer and name is similar.

2015-mastercraft-x46-boats-for-sale-2015-12-17-1.jpg

I really believe you must be a successful middleman drug dealer to buy a boat today.   Same price as a house.

Or a dentist. Wife was told a 3 teeth Maryland Dental Bridge would be about $ 29,000.   No guarantee. All the criminal extortionists are not in jail.

The discussion on price is why I keep fixin', cleanin' and polishin' mine. At least I have real wood! 

Our boat show comes up soon as well. I'll look, but that's it.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, SST said:

The discussion on price is why I keep fixin', cleanin' and polishin' mine. At least I have real wood! 

Our boat show comes up soon as well. I'll look, but that's it.

The day you get your new Signature 270/290 will be the day I come down to Buffalo and celebrate with you! :) 

Then we can double up and head down to NJ and meet up with his highness, King Cyclopopadopadus!  We'll be able to spot him easily!

See the source imagefunny-old-man-boat-beard-water.jpg358467.jpg