Sign in to follow this  
Peter Skae

Bimini Poles

Been trying for 9 months to find the right replacement poles for the front of my Bimini Top.  It is an "extended" Bimini on a 2016 Suncoast 250.  The dealer can't find the part number, Chaparral can't seem to help.  The poles were destroyed in shipping.  The dealer sent two new poles but they were several inches too short.  I tried to have someone local build them but they wouldn't do it because they don't think the top is safe.  They believe it creates a sail and the two pole are simply not strong enough!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  1824752702_ScreenShot2019-01-24at2_39_03PM.thumb.jpg.a4ea0eec7f8d50f2901f89311d971690.jpg

Do not drive too fast .  Works for me. doing + 40 mph on GPS ?  Will damage the Bimini if the boat is tossed upward from a wake.  Been on 2 ? boats where we stopped & disconnected the fabric / poles to remove the damaged parts.

NONE are built for faster planning speeds. And jumping up at a angle.

Buy a hardtop boat if you want to run & jump.

Thanks for the feedback.  I contacted Taylor who told me contact the dealer.  They are all just sending me in circles!  

Lawyers scare the poop out of every company they get a dollar from. 

I just add 3 adjustable snap on straps to cleats for added cover hold down. Can attach or remove as needed in about 2 minutes.  Most good Bimini companies supply straps for bow & stern top straps. If the straps vibrate too much? change tension or put a couple of twists into the straps. I twist mineas that allows a good tension to be set up.

My bimini has the same poles and almost the same set up. I run all the time on the water and have had no issues yet. Can you not purchase the tubing and make you own by cutting it to length and adding the end pieces.