Sign in to follow this  
SST

Uncle Chuck Schumer reponds to Ethanol

Did not know if refineries did it also. But local fuel oil for houses & businesses was tested & proven guilty in N J.

Just like Depleted Uranium waste IS ALLOWED to be sealed in things like Counterweights & other things. Saw the article decades ago.

Creative toxic waste management.  

I remember Rolls Royce had a run of exploding turbine blades.

The reason the DC10 had engine pylon issues is due to the way the engine was taken off the wing and put back on. In short and very simplified, if you nicked the metal at the attach point, eventually the metal became stressed. The method for removing the engines I don't think was authorized but was done to speed up the process. They found a short cut. After the AA crash, the NTSB found several other DC-10's among other airlines with the same metal fatigue. 

Copied from the NTSB:

Probable Cause

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the asymmetrical stall and the ensuing roll of the aircraft because of the uncommanded retraction of the left wing outboard leading edge slats and the loss of stall warning and slat disagreement indication systems resulting from maintenance-induced damage leading to the separation of the No. 1 engine and pylon assembly at a critical point during takeoff. The separation resulted from damage by improper maintenance procedures which led to failure of the pylon structure.

I remember when the SUPER SAFE airlines sent all repairs & PM to anywhere cheapest in the world...…………. DUUUHH  We pay the highest prices to be burned alive. Trumps personal jet pilot now in charge of the FAA will bring back those good old days.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, Was_Wylie_Tunes said:

I cannot point to any scientific data pertaining to carbon release. However, ethanol blended fuel does have a lower BTU. SO to maintain the same level of performance as 100% gasoline, it requires more throttle. More fuel is burned, fill ups are more frequent, mileage is reduced. Plausible that tailpipe emissions are not reduced at all, with the use of ethanol blended. 

Makes sense, Tunes.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, SST said:

With your comment, I'm wondering if ethanol in jet fuel will have the same effect as autogas.  50,000lbs of regular kerosene to fly to Japan or 60,000lbs with ethanol to get to Japan. 10,000lb increase will either eliminate a percentage of passengers carried or reduced cargo down below. Kill the profit and you kill the route let alone the airline.

The corn growers got the auto industry to capitulate.....will the jet engine manufacturers do the same?  

What do you think about your girlfriend AOC and her new Green Plan?  She wants 0 carbon emissions in 10 years.  A little ambitious, to say the least.

20 hours ago, SST said:

The reason the DC10 had engine pylon issues is due to the way the engine was taken off the wing and put back on. In short and very simplified, if you nicked the metal at the attach point, eventually the metal became stressed. The method for removing the engines I don't think was authorized but was done to speed up the process. They found a short cut. After the AA crash, the NTSB found several other DC-10's among other airlines with the same metal fatigue. 

Copied from the NTSB:

Probable Cause

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the asymmetrical stall and the ensuing roll of the aircraft because of the uncommanded retraction of the left wing outboard leading edge slats and the loss of stall warning and slat disagreement indication systems resulting from maintenance-induced damage leading to the separation of the No. 1 engine and pylon assembly at a critical point during takeoff. The separation resulted from damage by improper maintenance procedures which led to failure of the pylon structure.

Yea Engines, you need those. When I lived in south Jersey, a US air plane lost one over a farmers field about a mile from my house. Pretty heavy population density there and I was amazed at how fast that engine got scooped up and on it's way back across the WW bridge.  W

I am looking at the good side of our government.  They will not shut down the opening day of the northern boating season.    :boating:

May 1.     :D

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

Makes sense, Tunes.

What do you think about your girlfriend AOC and her new Green Plan?  She wants 0 carbon emissions in 10 years.  A little ambitious, to say the least.

That was a pretty stylish outfit she was wearing at the speech. I sat and wondered, is it manufactured by recycled waste products? And, how much did she spend or are we going to "pay for it" indirectly via itemized deductions?

If she itemizes deductions or uses the standard deduction, doesn't that make her a Republican? By using deductions that reduce your taxes, you directly or indirectly support the Republican ideology. REDUCE TAXATION! Which would also make her a failure to financially support her own agenda. I think she might mean, "Let everybody else pay for it."

Just like corporations demanding that towns pay for all expenses required for a business to build there.  Then also demand no taxes on them for 400 years.

YUP  Republicans pay their fair share.   Only a few do willingly.

Just got this email from BoatUS.

GA011%20Gov.affairs%20LOGO%20280pixel%20wide.png

Take Action Now

April 16, 2019

Dear BoatU.S. Member:

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is asking for comments on a proposal to allow the sale of gasoline containing 15% ethanol (E15) year-round. It has been proven that E15 damages marine engines and this change could greatly increase the risk for mis-fueling. Tell the EPA to withdraw this rule and do more to protect your engine from inadvertantly using this damaging product

Schumer Name Meaning
German: unexplained. North German(Schümer): nickname from Middle Low German schumer 'good-for-nothing', 'vagabond'.

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

Just got this email from BoatUS.

GA011%20Gov.affairs%20LOGO%20280pixel%20wide.png

Take Action Now

April 16, 2019

Dear BoatU.S. Member:

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is asking for comments on a proposal to allow the sale of gasoline containing 15% ethanol (E15) year-round. It has been proven that E15 damages marine engines and this change could greatly increase the risk for mis-fueling. Tell the EPA to withdraw this rule and do more to protect your engine from inadvertantly using this damaging product

I got the same thing.  This is getting like electronic warfare.  

EDIT:  I added this to the comments:  

Or, ban E15 completely which would solve all the problems listed above. But this would create another type of problem. Where would politicians get their campaign contributions from if they voted against this?