Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rbe1018

2012 310 Carbon Monoxide detector

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the detectors are interwired or on separate circuits? It matters when replacing one evidently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Older boat could have been rewired. 

SOOO

Turn off the battery switches first. Put a flashlight in your shirt pocket.  See if the unit releases if you turn it left or right about 30 degrees. remove it & read the data sticker on the bottom of it. CHECK the expiration date .  Not sure of the data label ? post a picture of the label or post what you can read.  

If it has wires attached to it ? it is a group / central type.  Piece of cake.   Note the voltage it runs on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are replacing one because the alarm wont shut off very shortly the same thing will happen to your others.

They are only good for so many years.

I replaced all three last year on my 310.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the design changed but they fit in the exact same place.

It was funny the one in my aft cabin went off, after I climbed down there the main cabin went off, then by the top bunk all within minutes.

West Marine had the best price.

It took about an hour to replace all three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, rbe1018 said:

Does anyone know if the detectors are interwired or on separate circuits? It matters when replacing one evidently.

They should be on the same circuit.  And they should be labelled.  Were you able to change just the one?

16 hours ago, jeffk said:

Yes the design changed but they fit in the exact same place.

It was funny the one in my aft cabin went off, after I climbed down there the main cabin went off, then by the top bunk all within minutes.

West Marine had the best price.

It took about an hour to replace all three.

Curious why an hour?  Aren't they just plug & play with quick-connects and just turn and clip into the mounting screws?

Hard to believe WM had the best prices, wow.  Usually that place will rob you clean and leave you standing naked.  :haha-7383:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No there was some splicing involved.

Creeping around the aft cabin at 65, is not as easy as it used to be.

WM was the best by about $10 per unit and they are only a few blocks from my home.

Actually they match all prices except for ebay.

I replaced my freshwater pump and did a search on my phone in the store and they matched the price.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeffk said:

I replaced my freshwater pump and did a search on my phone in the store and they matched the price.

They’re definitely a new company. New CEO as a I understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×