Sign in to follow this  
Ianwelch001

Purchased 1st chaparral 226ssi

Pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2015 226ssi with 57 hours on it. Has the deluxe package, in dash GPS, 4.5 merc alpha 1. Premium audio with amp, bimini top, snap covers, mooring cover and alot more

Original sticker was over $69,000

Boat sale price was $44,999

Talked them down to $37,000 

Boat is immaculate. Not a scratch on the gel coat and no wear or stains on the interior 

Pics are here 

https://www.marksleisuretimemarine.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=6678945&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xpreownedinventory

Only annoying part about the process was the financing guy trying to sell a 3 year warranty and interior protectant 3 year warranty. He included all that in the payment. He didnt realize I had already done the math and told him his numbers didnt add up and that's because he included 5k worth of add ons. 

Told him I didn't need the warranty because the boat and engine still have 2 years left. 

Typical financing guy trying to add stuff on. Had to keep telling him I declined all of that 

3 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

Original sticker was over $69,000

Boat sale price was $44,999

Talked them down to $37,000 

This is exactly why I always say to buy a 3-5 year old boat. Let someone else buy new and decide they need a larger boat and take the hit.

Congratulations. Great boat.

A suggestion that will help ensure a trouble free season and avoid costly repairs.

Change or have changed engine oil and filter; outdrive gear lube; fuel/water separator (filter) if equipped with one; impeller; and pull the outdrive to lube gimbal and align.

Around $500 to $750 if completed by a dealer (or about $150 and 4 or 5 hours if completed by you).

By completing the above, you’ll have a great season, avoid many of the maintenance related issues posted on this blog and be a happy boat owner (not a disgruntled one). Yes you have a warranty, but the warranty doesn’t cover failure to maintain.

Enjoy the boat. Enjoy the season. And, be safe out there.

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

Congratulations. Great boat.

A suggestion that will help ensure a trouble free season and avoid costly repairs.

Change or have changed engine oil and filter; outdrive gear lube; fuel/water separator (filter) if equipped with one; impeller; and pull the outdrive to lube gimbal and align.

Around $500 to $750 if completed by a dealer (or about $150 and 4 or 5 hours if completed by you).

By completing the above, you’ll have a great season, avoid many of the maintenance related issues posted on this blog and be a happy boat owner (not a disgruntled one). Yes you have a warranty, but the warranty doesn’t cover failure to maintain.

Enjoy the boat. Enjoy the season. And, be safe out there.

Thank you. This will all be done by the dealer before I pick it up in march or april. 

I do all the work myself. I had a 92 well craft 4.3 alpha 1 and always changed the gear oil and engine oil filter ect. Always winterized it myself as well. Saves me about 500 a year in maintenance 

I do my maintenance as well.   Penny saved is a penny earned.   I did the same - stole a 2012 SSI with 60 hours for 32K immaculate.   Congrats.

Nice boat. Congratulations!

I bought my first boat from Marks back in 2005 and found them very easy to deal with and I also got a good deal from them. 

Haven’t been back since but I would recommend them for the initial sale.