2010 Chaparral 275 SSI

Hi All, 

Wanted to get you opinions on the 2010 Chaparral 275 SSI, as I am looking into possibly purchasing one.  i have put the link below at the one I am interested in,

https://www.richardsonsby.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=5281526&p=6&s=Year&d=D&vt=boat&fr=xAllInventory

Thanks for you time

Derek

300 hrs. is nothing.  The  275 is a really nice boat.  I have considered one myself.  I love my 256.  I bought it new in '07 and it has been a perfect family boat.  Plenty of space, very reliable, quick, etc.  I have a 496 Merc and, knock on wood, it has never given me any problems.  I currently have about 450 hours.  The workmanship on my boat is good and after 12 years, she still looks like new.

5 hours ago, rreale said:

looks nice.  they have a 9 foot beam.  get a survey.  i feel the price is on the high side, but you are not gonna find many of them for sale.

that was the last year they made them.

link to 2010 brochure

http://www.chaparralboats.com/publications/uploaded_files/514/2010-opt.pdf

I agree the price needs some work!  Thanks for the brochure.  What are these boats good for top speed with the ho?

Hi Derek,

We bought a 2007 275 Ssi last spring, and could not be happier.  This is my 4th Chap, so I was pretty certain of what I was getting in to.  I was cross shopping the Formula 280 ss, but decided I did not want to maintain and feed 2 engines, plus the cuddie of the Chap was definitly more comfortable.  After living it with it for a season, we love it more than we thought we would.  AS you know, these boats are hard to find, especially in good shape.  I was lucky, as mine was outstanding, whit only 160 hours on it.  Hope is has the big engine - I did not look at the listing but will in a minute.  Although I have always been a Merc guy, this boat has the 420 Volvo, and it is a great power plant.  Being from the midwest, the default is Merc, but would absolutely recommend the Volvo now that I have had this one.  Go for it, Derek.  You will not be sorry.

17 hours ago, Dturn said:

Hi All, 

Wanted to get you opinions on the 2010 Chaparral 275 SSI, as I am looking into possibly purchasing one.  i have put the link below at the one I am interested in,

https://www.richardsonsby.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=5281526&p=6&s=Year&d=D&vt=boat&fr=xAllInventory

Thanks for you time

Derek

Looks almost exactly like my 2010 276 ssx except the cuddy vs bow seats and the helm is slightly different.  I also have Volvo but other than that, the shape is identical.  Good luck.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, Just 1 more said:

Hi Derek,

We bought a 2007 275 Ssi last spring, and could not be happier.  This is my 4th Chap, so I was pretty certain of what I was getting in to.  I was cross shopping the Formula 280 ss, but decided I did not want to maintain and feed 2 engines, plus the cuddie of the Chap was definitly more comfortable.  After living it with it for a season, we love it more than we thought we would.  AS you know, these boats are hard to find, especially in good shape.  I was lucky, as mine was outstanding, whit only 160 hours on it.  Hope is has the big engine - I did not look at the listing but will in a minute.  Although I have always been a Merc guy, this boat has the 420 Volvo, and it is a great power plant.  Being from the midwest, the default is Merc, but would absolutely recommend the Volvo now that I have had this one.  Go for it, Derek.  You will not be sorry.

Hi All,

Got the owner down to 64k including a brand new 8k aluminum loadrite trailer.  That seemed pretty good to me!  Thoughts?  I will need to put 3k down to take it off the market until we can water test it!  still lots of ice on the lakes in maine.  

Thanks for the input!

Derek

Not a steal, but i guess its a good price. it appears you are around book maybe a little above.  BUT, those boats are so rare.. and when the supply and demand rule takes affect, you are not going to find any great deals on them.  trailer is probably worth 5k.   I bought my 255ssi from a dealer 4 years ago and i only had to put $500 down.  My sale was contingent on a survey.  they found stuff during the survey. the owner fixed everything and payed for the repairs.   If you are getting a survey, get ahold of the guy now.  he would probably want to look at it while its out of the water.

Yeah I don't see 60 either.  MY 265SSi weighed 1500-2k less and had 325 hp and I barely saw 50 myself.  As far as price your paying right at book or more, IMVHO I would never entertain paying anything over 10% less than book at a minimum, due to financing and eventually on resale most buyers wont pay me book in return.  But with that said rare models that are hard to find that can all go out the window.

These pocket cruisers are nice boats though, I considered my 265SSi one,  loved it because it had better lines and looked more sporty, but they meshed a cuddy, bow rider, and cruiser all in one kind of.  The down side is they really do none of those roles the best, but they do many roles pretty good.  My only real complaint with the 265 and Think the 275 will be the same is with a single engine these things are real dogs.  boats like this really need twin 4.3s or 5.7s would give better stability and better performance all around. 

Yes these boats are hard to find.  I only found like 3 that were being sold right now nation wide, and 59K for as clean as this boat is being a 1 owner and friends with the marina owner it was taken well care of.  The boat sale with be based off a survey and detail!

I will keep you guys posted thank for the insight!  If it only has the 525 merc!! 

Thanks

Derek

11 hours ago, Dturn said:

Yes these boats are hard to find.  I only found like 3 that were being sold right now nation wide, and 59K for as clean as this boat is being a 1 owner and friends with the marina owner it was taken well care of.  The boat sale with be based off a survey and detail!

I will keep you guys posted thank for the insight!  If it only has the 525 merc!! 

Thanks

Derek

One piece of advice, never have the seller provide the survey and if they are paying for it you pick the surveyor.  Either of these scenarios give you very little recourse

Second off these boats even with 525s would act properly, if you truly want performance get a performance boat,  I'm telling you from first hand experience.