Sign in to follow this  
cyclops2

Did you drain or use a light bulb this winter ?

This cold period is cutting it very close for some of the south.

Even though ours spends its winter in a heated garage, at around 55 degrees, I always drain completely, just in case there'd ever be an extended power outage.

Back in WWII,  the winters were so cold that the Luftwaffe had to keep open fires beneath  the engines to keep them warm in case of a sudden dispatch.  

I drain the block and use a bilge heater.  In fact, my old Boatsafe went out and they wouldn't repair it, so I purchased and installed a Twin Hornet 45 on Saturday.  We're experiencing lows in the low 20s this week, so hoping it all worked out!

Wow.  I think we need all new members to go before a board composed of Cyclops, Hatem, Shepherd, and a few others before they are allowed to post here.  This garbage!

On 4/3/2019 at 7:35 AM, Boat145 said:

However, this winter was not that severe,  I  drained the block completely.  I could concentrate also on where to find the term paper artist
who could help me with my academic performance. 

WTF?

Too funny Duane.

I vote Duane to be manager of Primary Interviews.

He will free up more boating time.

The forum needs its moderator back.  @Chaparral Web Team used to be the one who straightened out all this spamming, but not sure where he/she  has been for the last year or so.  I hope he's ok and just moved on but if that's the case, whomever owns this forum -- which I have no idea who that particular person or group is -- should appoint someone else out of the website's owner's group to maintain and moderate this forum from all this spamming which lately, has become about as vicious as I've ever seen it since I've been here.

I also thought that the fact the site was down for a day or so yesterday was because finally someone had taken a hold of it and was busy cleaning up all the spam that has infiltrated this site, but apparently that wasn't the case.  Sounds like the servers went down for some reason.

They also should update the format an add new features such as "Likes" etc.

This is a PROFIT MAKING  company. Not a social network site. The Airplane Thread is doing great as a anything section.

When this forum section went down for a while.  I thought Chap had done away with it for any number of reasons. Happy they have continued to  let us discuss our boats & socialize in the winter climate areas.

Thank you Chaparral.

Okay, I have to ask. Are these spammers that dumb or is it some kind of computer doing these postings? That last one that ties together draining a block and term-papers is priceless (a priceless act of stupidity).

30 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

This is a PROFIT MAKING  company. Not a social network site.

Actually, Cops, that might be the reason why no one at the Chaparral "Whatever" gives a flying @#$%@# about what's going on on this forum.  This is NOT a money making site whatsoever!  Have you seen a single add anywhere on any page of this forum, be it for chaparral boats or for any other products from any other manufacturer?  Go to iboats or any other boat forums and look at how they are managed with popup adds galore!  Even entire sections dedicated to advertising and selling and buying to where those sites benefit in an indirect way.  They don't get profits from those particular dealings but that increases memberships which then contributes to the viewing capacity of the paid, pop-up and stationary adds.  That is the way to make money, through advertising and not just viewership. 

This site by Chaparral's owner's group is designed to frown upon any adds of any sort and we're actually thankful of that like you said because frankly, adds suck that you have to look at them and can't block them in any way.  But the result is what is happening now.  No one is giving a @#$%@# about the spamming because any moderating team has to be done voluntarily because there is no money coming in from adds to properly pay for the type of moderation that is needed for this type of websites.

So I would say no, this is hardly or no where close to a money-making machine for Chaparral, big bro.  I think the Facebook page is of much more interest to them because of the adds allowed in that site and they probably benefit from them in some way.

I too thought that CHAP pulled the plug on this site. It wouldn't have been much of a surprise. 

In regards to scamming......it would seem that our first line of defense is NOT EVER post a reply on it. By not posting a reply, the post will eventually vanish to page 25 and so on. Every time you reply, it puts the post back to the top.  

R ight SST.  Some times I can not resist a poke fun.  I will try harder.