Stew50

2018 21 H2O mooring cover

I just purchased a 2018 21 H2O. Having trouble figuring out the mooring cover. Do I need to install the mooring cover before I lower the wake tower? I must cover the boat and lower the tower each time because it’s stored in a marina’s dry stack 

Can you get a top rack ?  Pay the difference ?  Leave it up ?

I payed extra & loved it.

Make sure you've been given the correct mooring cover; that it has the correct alterations to accommodate the tower.  In other words, that you've not been given a cover for a boat without a tower.

You do have to install the cover before you lower the tower.  The cover Chap includes (if that’s what you ordered) is very nice and fits perfectly, ratchets nice and tight.

The problem is that the tower folds lower than the cover, so there will be considerable pressure on the cover from the tower in the lowered position.  This particular tower is pretty heavy too so this way of storing it will stretch/tear and wear out your cover in little time.

17 minutes ago, brclark82 said:

You do have to install the cover before you lower the tower.  The cover Chap includes (if that’s what you ordered) is very nice and fits perfectly, ratchets nice and tight.

The problem is that the tower folds lower than the cover, so there will be considerable pressure on the cover from the tower in the lowered position.  This particular tower is pretty heavy too so this way of storing it will stretch/tear and wear out your cover in little time.

could the tower be 'chocked', so that it doesn't rest on the cover?

I was thinking about how to do that...I can’t come up with a good way.

Maybe something on top of both gunwales after the cover is on but not sure. It couldn’t be in the cockpit without cutting a hole in the cover 

I  purchased a 2018 H20 21  w/ the Velocity Wake Tower in April of 2018 .    It came with the factory  Mooring cover .  But mine has  hole openings  on each side  (  and then clips  )  .  So  you leave the tower up , and attached the mooring cover around the bases of the tower .  (   I wish that I could attach a photo to show you , but  this forum drives me crazy with their .49 MB  digital photo size !!!  ) just don't get that

Thank you. My mooring cover has openings on each side with Velcro to attach it around the tower base. I did not ratchet down the mooring cover around the base of the swim platform. So when I drop the tower I can’t get the cover around the back of the swim platform. Do you ratchet the cover down before your drop the tower?

What you are saying is exactly the decision you are going to have to make. You have 2 options

1) You can ratchet down the cover before you drop the tower and the cover will stay on, but the entire weight of the tower will resting on an unsupported part of the cover.  This will stretch and possible tear the cover over time.  You may just have to replace the cover more often that you want, especially at $500-700.

2) You can decide to just cover the boat and not ratchet the cover tight (you may have to not hook it around the swim platform at all).  This would allow the arch to come all the way down and push the cover with it since it wouldn't be tight.  It wouldn't be as tight of a fit, but if you velcro around the tower and use the tie downs on the transom hooks it would keep the boat pretty well covered with much less (if any) pressure on the cover itself.

I would try option 2 first and see if it covers it well enough for your liking.  If so, perfect. If not I guess you are just going to have to let the arch rest on the cover and hope it doesn't wear out too fast.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I chose option 2 because it’s easier to store in the marina dry stack with the tower down. The cover comes to about a foot from end of the swim platform. This should should be sufficient to keep out dust, pollen etc. but I will know for sure the next time I take it out. Thanks Again