Fun time in Florida (Pics)

I noticed the kids catching a snoozed. When I use to fly and had friends onboard, they'd almost always fall asleep. My first knee jerk reaction was how rude...we're flying!  But then I thought....if they are sleeping that means they aren't terrified and relaxed enough to fall asleep. I then considered it a compliment. 

3 hours ago, SST said:

I noticed the kids catching a snoozed. When I use to fly and had friends onboard, they'd almost always fall asleep. My first knee jerk reaction was how rude...we're flying!  But then I thought....if they are sleeping that means they aren't terrified and relaxed enough to fall asleep. I then considered it a compliment. 

They were WORN OUT!  Played on the beach covering each other in sand, swam in the chilly water, etc.  That's my son and his little friend.  We met when we all went to Bimini in 2017.  You may or may not remember the posts here about that trip.  The gulfstream was churning, my wife was crying, and I wasn't sure we made the right decision to accompany this group!  But about half way over, our son was conked out sleeping in 2-3 foot teeth rattling waves.  He's just very comfortable, I guess.

I really love the water in that part of the state. We spent 3 years about an hour east of there and I haven't found water than can beat it yet. The beaches are beautiful and the ICW is open to the point you can often find a deserted stretch of shoreline and have your own private beach for the day. Looks like y'all found a beautiful spot and made some beautiful memories!

How did you find the rental house if you don't mind me asking? I've considered going back up there with some friends and doing something like this.

9 minutes ago, Chewey said:

How did you find the rental house if you don't mind me asking? I've considered going back up there with some friends and doing something like this.

Good question and glad you asked that, Mikey.  There's quite a few of those fully furnished rental properties in FA but finding them is the hard part.  They also have a name to them, I forget it ATM.

1 hour ago, Chewey said:

I really love the water in that part of the state. We spent 3 years about an hour east of there and I haven't found water than can beat it yet. The beaches are beautiful and the ICW is open to the point you can often find a deserted stretch of shoreline and have your own private beach for the day. Looks like y'all found a beautiful spot and made some beautiful memories!

Yes, it is a great spot.  Perdido Key is still a bit laid back and not the spring break party scene as it is elsewhere.  It's about 10-15 miles east of Orange Beach / Gulf Shores, Alabama.  The house we found on VRBO.com.  Lots of properties with and without private docks.  That house was pretty awesome and relatively cheap.  Price goes WAY up in the summer, though.

I've used VBO a couple times. You can find some good deals on there as long as the owner isn't asking an arm and a leg for cleaning and admin fees. I hadn't thought to look for one with a dock, that's a great idea!