Any Scheduled Boat Outings near Miami or Fort Lauderdale

Hello fellow Chap owners...Just curious as to if anyone has heard of or planning any type of get together this summer in the Miami or Fort Lauderdale area.  We love the boating on this side and would really like to do some more exploring of Biscayne Bay and the upper Keys.

1 hour ago, Hatem said:

I'm up for it.  We were planning of trailering the boat all the way from Boston to Miami to meet up with @jeffk. spend a day on the sandbar and a night on South Beach and then head south to Islamorada. But if Biscayne Bay sounds like a better and easier option, I'm also up for that.

Only problem we have is we were scheduled to do this end of early October so that we take advantage of our short summers up here and extend it by going to Florida in the fall to extend our boating season.   Not sure if that falls in with yours others' schedule.

Sounds like a perfect trip planned...We will definitely be up for an outing, just keep me posted on your travel plans and hopefully we will find some more fun spots to show you all if it works out.

Well I am actually new to this side for boating but we want to explore around more and hit the "fun spots" so to speak.  We have found the Haulover sand bar which is fun but I bet that place can get pretty wild!!!  Just explored some in Biscayne Bay...Stiltsville and Boca Chita which was amazing.  We want to head even further south to Elliott key and lower to see what it has to offer.  This Thursday we take the boat down to Islamorada for a long weekend outing at the Coral Bay Resort, very excited!!!  We will be up for a get together if it all works out, just keep us posted when you and @jeffk decide on a date.

The cove opposite he sandbar is a nice anchorage.

About 3 mile south of bear cut is a nice sandbar also.

Haulover can get crazy if you are in the shallow water, we go towards the gas dock and it is not too bad.

In Ft lauderdale look for lake sylvia, great anchorage.

jk

Lake sylvia is an anchorage up by lauderdale.

I have seen people tubing there, but I believe it is a no wake zone.

We stay at crandon overnight quite a bit.

There is a nice anchorage about a mile south.

I dont know much about ramps, I believe ther is another one at 79th st...probably crowded also.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, jakester1967 said:

Well I am actually new to this side for boating but we want to explore around more and hit the "fun spots" so to speak.  We have found the Haulover sand bar which is fun but I bet that place can get pretty wild!!!  Just explored some in Biscayne Bay...Stiltsville and Boca Chita which was amazing.  We want to head even further south to Elliott key and lower to see what it has to offer.  This Thursday we take the boat down to Islamorada for a long weekend outing at the Coral Bay Resort, very excited!!!  We will be up for a get together if it all works out, just keep us posted when you and @jeffk decide on a date.

Love Coral Bay resort! And the Keys...we used to keep our 2335 SS and Key Largo.