tmoody

21 H20 Sport OB

I am a first time buyer and haven't purchased yet. Grew up on the water but my dad was the buyer. Considering this boat for something to cruise around the lake. I can no longer ski  and can't start surfing for the same reason ( bad knees!)  Any thoughts on this boat? I saw someone else already felt it was too small ( already). I have to admit , I love the 23 ft, but the price tag for the small  amount of gained space ( and larger engine)  is not something I can do right now.

I am also interested in the "real deal pricing". Is that really the "deal"?  No negotiation?

Thank you in advance for any tips and/or suggestions.

I have the ski/fish version of this boat in 21’. Excellent boat with the outboard. Easy to maintain, great on gas, winterization is a breeze. Yes the real deal pricing is just that. The price is the price, I called tons of dealers and it was the same story everywhere I called.

ive had my boat in fresh and salt water. Never an issue. We get tons of complements on the boat. 

Real deal is sales hype.   Take a person who NEVER PAYS  full price with you to do the talking with any salesman.    Pleasant surprise.

OH most importantly.  ALL brand new boats and parts in them  are not ALWAY brand new.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:09 AM, cyclops2 said:

Real deal is sales hype.   Take a person who NEVER PAYS  full price with you to do the talking with any salesman.    Pleasant surprise.

OH most importantly.  ALL brand new boats and parts in them  are not ALWAY brand new.

Man up Clops. Volunteer and go with the guy. Be sure to post the discount so we can bow and kiss the ring.

Boy that second paragraph is incitful. Yeah, all of those dastardly and greedy boat builders use “not ALWAY brand new” parts on new boats. Have some self respect man and read your craziness before hitting the post button. You sound ridiculous.

ok, I’ll bite. I got $1000 off the real deal price and some things thrown in at cost. That was the “boat show” price at the dealer.  That was the best anyone would do on a new H2O in spring. 

What Federal Regulations &        "   The company reserves the right to change specifications at any time with out prior notice.  "  Are you not aware of ?

Read what is happening in federal boat engine regulations & dealers using the " Grand Father clause of buying SEVERAL YEARS worth of obsolete engines to be used in future new boats. That also applies to every part of any new boats construction.   The carburetor controlled engines are a classic example of buy up several years of cheapest obsolete engines.  Then sell the boat as a up to date EPA conforming boat.

Ignorance of the laws is no excuse.  By either the dealer. Or he buying customer.