JP30076

2004 230 SSI replacement vinyl upholstery interior

Hello-

I couldn't find a link, so I hope this isn't a repeat.  I have a 2004 230 SSI. The color scheme is listed as Champagne for interior. I spoke to Robin at chaparral customer service, but haven't heard back whether she can provide further details.  Does anyone know the names for the vinyl colors?  I think there are three colors in the scheme.  Great Lakes Skipper has the right vinyl--its foam backed so my upholstery shop recommended trying to find OEM overstock, but there are few colors that are really close.  Im just not sure of the individual chaparral color numbers.  I will eventually replace the entire interior so I plan to buy enough to do the whole boat.  I know if I buy new stock, there will be difference in the color due to the sun-- I can live with that until the redo is done, just need to get the project started.  Right now, the biggest need is the off white that is the majority of the upholstery color.  Your help is appreciated.

I am also open to any other resources you have....

Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, JP30076 said:

I couldn't find a link, so I hope this isn't a repeat.  I have a 2004 230 SSI. The color scheme is listed as Champagne for interior. I spoke to Robin at chaparral customer service, but haven't heard back whether she can provide further details.  Does anyone know the names for the vinyl colors?

Sorry maybe I misunderstood.  If it's listed as "champagne" isn't that the color to go by that you're looking for, or is that a different color than the upholstery?

1 hour ago, JP30076 said:

Hello-

I couldn't find a link, so I hope this isn't a repeat.  I have a 2004 230 SSI. The color scheme is listed as Champagne for interior. I spoke to Robin at chaparral customer service, but haven't heard back whether she can provide further details.  Does anyone know the names for the vinyl colors?  I think there are three colors in the scheme.  Great Lakes Skipper has the right vinyl--its foam backed so my upholstery shop recommended trying to find OEM overstock, but there are few colors that are really close.  Im just not sure of the individual chaparral color numbers.  I will eventually replace the entire interior so I plan to buy enough to do the whole boat.  I know if I buy new stock, there will be difference in the color due to the sun-- I can live with that until the redo is done, just need to get the project started.  Right now, the biggest need is the off white that is the majority of the upholstery color.  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

If you are going to eventually do the entire boat, then find 3 colors that are close to what you want, and go with them. Finding the originals will be slim to none. This way you have a fresh start, and you know exactly what the colors are. After a time some colors may get discontinued. And lot dyes may not match. Save yourself a lot of time, start fresh, when she is outside in the sun, you will not be able to tell that the colors are not exact. You will be the only one that will know. Trust me been there, done that.  Denny. 

2 minutes ago, Denny said:

If you are going to eventually do the entire boat, then find 3 colors that are close to what you want, and go with them. Finding the originals will be slim to none. This way you have a fresh start, and you know exactly what the colors are. After a time some colors may get discontinued. And lot dyes may not match. Save yourself a lot of time, start fresh, when she is outside in the sun, you will not be able to tell that the colors are not exact. You will be the only one that will know. Trust me been there, done that.  Denny. 

Also, you can just buy the vinyl and your upholstery shop can add the foam backing, that is what the guy at the upholstery shop does where I help out at.  Denny. 

4 hours ago, Hatem said:

Sorry maybe I misunderstood.  If it's listed as "champagne" isn't that the color to go by that you're looking for, or is that a different color than the upholstery?

the boat brochure list either peter or champagne options, so tans or grays--mine came with the champagne option--but within that option, there are three complimentary colors, hues, whatever you call them  

yup--all good suggestions--yup could buy colors I like, I know, but won't eb doing it all this year, so dont want it to be completely off...

appreciate teh ideas--been running all teh options.   the color is actually not faded much from original--I have a cushion that isn't used often and is in nearly new condition and there hasnt been much discolor over teh 15 years, surprisingly

On 3/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, JP30076 said:

Hello-

Thanks!!!!

Did you ever hear back from Chaparral customer service as to what the names are of the 3 colors that in the Champagne color scheme?  I am having the same issue.  I just called them but was told they would need to pull some spec books and get back with me.  However my boat is an '07 so they may have changed the Champagne color in between those years.  Hoping I can get this info.

I have an 03 183ssi, called them and they said they rename to inhouse name and dont keep tabs on it. I ordered replacement OEM seats from a newer boat in the yellow/white config  through gra(my frames were rotted) and upholster matched off those pretty dang close.  He used spradling.  You can get a sample book and some places rent them too.