Sign in to follow this  
summerpenguin

I found stuff in my bilge that I don't recognize...

After the winter nap, I had the chance to pull out the junk from the bottom of the bilge before the season. The ones that concern me are the rod-shaped thing in the top right of the picture, and the wire things in the bottom right. I'm hoping they were part of a wire brush that the previous owner may have used, although I can't figure out why. Also, check out the bent bolt on the right side. How did that happen?!?! SO, guys, should I be concerned about any of this treasure? Boat runs fine, as far as I know... Thanks!

bilgejunk.jpg.0d308dbc5c4aa271d278b2cf2c7e293f.jpg

LOL!  That is pretty cool.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Looks like the typical @#$%@# that fell or was discarded and never bothered to be retrieved/cleaned up. 

Looks like a typical  collection of findings.  Of a yard boat with no cover.  In a marina.

22 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Looks like a typical  collection of findings.  Of a yard boat with no cover.  In a marina.

I have no idea how the boat was maintained before I bought it last June. Since it is a 98, I'm assuming it has spent a lot of time sitting in a marina, I don't know. Which is why, when I find things, I come here to this forum and ask for the advice of the wise and the experienced. I'm still trying to figure out how that one bolt got bent the way it did.

Anyway, the boat ran fine last night and even DNR stopped to admire my life jackets and horn, etc. while I was fishing last night.

Enjoy the freedom of boat fishing.  I do.

Just buy a VHF radio & antenna. It is very handy in the open waters of the Chessy. To call for help or give help.

I see a broken shift cable sleeve, a broken SS bolt most likely a 1/4 x 20 bolt or stud, the V shaft is the spring from the shift interupter plate and some broken hose clamps