ken duquette

Stock Transducer

I too have a new 2019 23' H2O with built in depth finder not GPS.

What thru-hull transducer is used and can it be plugged into a GPS\fish finder? Manual says nothing except how to use the depth finder. 

Call the dealer ?

Need make & model of boat depth finder.

Then call company for what will match up.   Companies many different transducers now.

I leave boat depth finders set for low depth alarm only.

Then buy what  F F I Like & use a transom transducer setup..  I wire ALL fish & depth  finders ONLY to the IGNITION ..ON... sside of the key switch...………………..No dead batteries a week later.

thanks for the input that was my initial thought process but not too excited about drilling a hole in a brand new boat 

If you do a OUTSIDE THE TRANSOM MOUNT ? You can drill WAY up high . No leaks or sinking worry. Call the  F F companies for help.  The transom mounted ones have a friction mount to allow the transducer to be kicked up if hit by floating junk. New cords & plugs  are very small now.

The bass fishing boat forums have lots of experienced members that can help you with years of F F experience on the good units today.  I use www.ultimatebass.com     post in the...……...DOCK TALK    section.   save you time holes & money. Lots of changes & features to decide about before buying a unit.

Thanks Cyclops2 I have been doing a lot of online research i will add the ultimatebass.com to the list.

thank you

Without getting all technical on ya, you can't hook that stock Transducer up to your GPS/Chartplotter.  Most GPS/Fishfinders now days come with a new transducer.  

1 hour ago, Water Dawg 6 said:

Without getting all technical on ya, you can't hook that stock Transducer up to your GPS/Chartplotter.  Most GPS/Fishfinders now days come with a new transducer.  

Yes, but remember too! The stock one is just looking for depth. If your using your GPS/Fishfinder, it will not give you a pic of the bottom. You will need to install a 2nd transducer that is compatible with your unit.