2000 235ssi seat material required

Hello I have been on here for a while but my boat had been mothballed due to finances but now I see light at the end of the tunnel

I have a 2000 235ssi and the rear seat was damaged weathered and beyond repair, I am looking for some genuine like for like material or if possible new seat covers

Can anyone help ? 

12 hours ago, scouse g said:

Hello I have been on here for a while but my boat had been mothballed due to finances but now I see light at the end of the tunnel

I have a 2000 235ssi and the rear seat was damaged weathered and beyond repair, I am looking for some genuine like for like material or if possible new seat covers

Can anyone help ? 

Look up your local boat canvas people, and they will be able to duplicate the design, and will get the colors as close as possible.  Denny. 

On 4/23/2019 at 8:44 AM, scouse g said:

Can anyone help ? 

Look at SEM Marine Vinyl coating.   There is a process to apply it and its very easy.  I am in the process now of re-finishing my seats.  Short version of story is a guy cleaned my boat and damage the majority of the seat cushions, wearing them down so the gunk wont come out any more.  I have a local company that I bought what I needed from.  You can buy the paint on Amazon.  The pics I took are to high resolution.

They have a video on the website that walks you through how to do it.  Basically I bought a heavy duty mold and mildew cleaner and a plastic bristle scrub brush and scrubbed the #$^% out of the seat.  Wiped that off.  Then apply the SEM soap.  I used the same brush but washed it out first.  Then with a dam rag I wiped the soap off the seat.  it says not to wash it down for vinyl.  Let that dry.  Then use the SEM Vinyl prep.  Wipe that off using a lint free rag or paper towel.  I bought the lint free paper towels from PPG, same ones body shops use when painting cars.  You wipe the Vinyl Prep off while its wet.  It will dry fast and the seat will be some what tacky.  I applied the Vinyl coating in 3 light coats to make sure i had even coverage and also to cover the spots.  It was recommended to put SEM Coating clear coat over the top to hep with wear on the seats and add extra protection.  I put 2 light coats of High Gloss.  They look incredible and brand new.  The one thing to keep in mind is you wan the seat lint and debris free when you apply the coating.  Make sure you are in a well ventilated area.  I used my garage and had both doors open with a fan blowing out.  The smell is very strong so be careful.  I was light headed last night even with a mask and good ventilation.   I have a 2005 SSI 220 and SEM makes the Chaparral beige/platinum that was a perfect match tot he seat color.  I am going to use a grey they  have to paint the accent stirpes on the cushions that have them.   I ll try and attach pics...

7 hours ago, scouse g said:

I'm based in the UK and I am looking for the firm that supplies chaparral

The company that supplied Chap in 2000 no longer makes that same color/type of vinyl for that model year.

You will have to get a local shop to find something close.

Chaparral does not make replacement skins for older boats. Your only option is to find a canvas shop to make you a set. They typically will use the old skins for a template. You will not likely find the exact same vinyl, but you should come close. Maybe consider redoing the complete interior?  Only limited by the size of your pocketbook...

36 minutes ago, brick said:

Chaparral does not make replacement skins for older boats. Your only option is to find a canvas shop to make you a set. They typically will use the old skins for a template. You will not likely find the exact same vinyl, but you should come close. Maybe consider redoing the complete interior?  Only limited by the size of your pocketbook...

Hey Brick how are you???