Denny

Time To Launch?

Last thing to do, is, pick up my flag and mount Hatem's flag pole. Then it is up to the Lady in charge.

Snow is predicted for here.

Will someone please buy Mother Nature a calendar.

1st Carpenter ant nest in our house has us leaving for the St. Lawrence in 7 days instead of 4 days.

Still ice in some bays & creeks up there. Snow due this week also.

10 hours ago, Denny said:

Last thing to do, is, pick up my flag and mount Hatem's flag pole. Then it is up to the Lady in charge.

Snow is predicted for here.

Will someone please buy Mother Nature a calendar.

It's yours now, bro.  The weather is actually starting to look good here.  Taking the shrink wrap off today and checking the batteries and finishing up the odds and ends on the windlass and then taking the props off and building a cart for the drive for when I take it off and change all the bellows sometime this week. 

I have a little bit of dull gelcoat just on the white, angled top of the gunwhale on the forward bow.  Gonna try and buff that out to a nice shine and put wax and all that fun stuff.  Love this time of year.

My chaps always face directly west . So my boats all have the sunny sides chalked up. I just lightly hand buff with a soft white towel to get off the loose stuff. Then use SUPER NEW clean soft buffing pads very wet as the polishing compound.  It works for about 2 seasons.  Nice part is we come aboard on the opposite side.  That has been buffed 1 time in 12 ? years. 

Spider pooo.  That is a non stop bug Zapper job every night .  About 5 minutes does them all.  PLUS !!!!  The fresh droppings clean right off with Fantastic or 409 cleaners.  It eliminates dried in stains...…….. 30  or so minutes of raw bleach at high noon ??

L I G   :)

It's 42 here right now, but as soon as the roads dry off today I'm splashing ours.  It's not spectacular boating weather yet, but there's an odd day here and there that it'd be nice to take advantage of.

Oh dear, I'm at a cross roads and don't know what to do.   Do I pull the boat out of a nice clean protective barn or do I go to MIA and retrieve the boat when I come home? I think I'll go to MIA. There isn't any ice there except for my Rum and Coke.