cyclops2

Being retired

I never realized how much effort it takes to do so little.

2 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

I never realized how much effort it takes to do so little.

The trick is to do things that take less effort, it will make you feel like you have the energy to go all day long.

A daily nap will do wonders too, I look forward to each and every one of them.  Denny.

So true. I was up on the roof yesterday to clear some debris, and things began to hurt that I did not even know I had. I sat at the peak and looked out over the bay, thinking "Hey, I put this roof on 15 years ago". 43 square in the middle of winter. Time marches on, but like Denny said, pace yourself as in the end it all gets done somehow.  W

People ask me what I am doing since I retired, my response is what ever I want to. Naps are high on the list and time on the boat. Now that the wife retired it is every better.

In 2012 I was going head to head with my boss [whom I respected regardless of the subject] along with new hire employees with extremely poor ethics. I decided I've had enough. I have the means to carry on without having to put up with this crap. So, I turned in my resignation and retired from the airline industry. 

I really really miss being surrounded by planes whether they are big or small.  Truth be told, I like'em big. I am fortunate enough that when the winds are favorable, I can watch either arrival or departures from my family room. Last night, I caught a UPS 767-300 pass before me.  Plane spotting is my hobby. Doesn't matter where I'm at. I almost always have a pair of binoculars handy and my cell phone for FlightRadar24.  Its too bad the BAC 1-11 is no longer in service as that bird was a window rattler or the screeching DC-8! Its too quiet now.

I too have the aches and pains. Most of them I try to ignore or just put up with it.  A nap is usually good therapy. I've also started a new mini diet. Seems to be working without making any radical changes except for one.  Its called:

STOP SNACKING

Just waiting for the weather to improve to get the boat out of storage. Which may be June.

Restricted air space here which I am thankful for. I do like the A-10's which seem to use my house as a rendezvous point and then the flights of 4 form up out over the bay. Sometimes I can stand on my bow, and do a wing waggle, and actually get one in return as they fly pretty low over this remote neighborhood. My Fiancee is an international flight attendant for AA so I get good A-330 and 767 stories. W

1 hour ago, Wingnut said:

Restricted air space here which I am thankful for. I do like the A-10's which seem to use my house as a rendezvous point and then the flights of 4 form up out over the bay. Sometimes I can stand on my bow, and do a wing waggle, and actually get one in return as they fly pretty low over this remote neighborhood. My Fiancee is an international flight attendant for AA so I get good A-330 and 767 stories. W

Take advantage of the discounted travel. :D