Sign in to follow this  
Shelley

Radio not coming on

Bought a 2000 chaparral yesterday and all gauges work fine but radio won’t come on. Checked main fuses and seem to be fine. Any ideas?

Try any ACC switches. Would not surprise me if the switched IGN was removed from the key switch and moved to an ACC switch.

Does the Ignition switch have a ACC. position ? It requires the key in the switch and then turning the key to the left.  Then try the radio

Has an acc switch that doesn’t light up. Tried doing that w key and that doesn’t work. Checked fuses under the dash and they aren’t blown. 

Break out your meter!!  It could be as mentioned above, but you could have a bad connection too. The meter is the only way to know for sure.

First, if you have more than one battery, trace the wire so you know which battery it's working off of and make sure your selector switch is on that battery.  Sounds dumb but I've done it.  Second - check the fuses and Third - Check your ground wire and ensure it's actually going to a ground, your yellow wire should be going to a constant power source while the red should be going to power source that shuts off when your key is off. 

My 2002 has 2 ways to turn on & off  the radio.  Dash and radio controls ? Forgot who is a master control ?  Rarely use it.

My boat has 1 battery. The battery switch is always ON.