rjbergen

Installing SiriusXM Tuner

Has anyone installed a new radio with the SiriusXM SXV300 vehicle tuner kit? I used it on my previous boat, and bought a Fusion MS-RA70NSX to install on the current boat. I'm having an issue with the cable connector being a right angle connector. The way it connects to the Fusion radio, the cable points directly down toward the bottom of the radio. The issue is that my radio fits in a DIN slit in my cabinet and has the cabinet bottom shelf directly under the radio. The shelf is preventing me from connecting the tuner and/or installing the radio with the tuner connected. I can't bend the cable enough to make it fit, and bending the cable that much isn't good anyways. Does anyone know of an adapter cable or something?

3 minutes ago, TexasPilot71 said:

No, that's for the antenna. I don't have an issue with the antenna. My issue is with the right angle connector on the cable that's integrated to the black box tuner that comes in the kit. The antenna plugs into the black box and has like 25 feet of cable so I'm fine there.

1 hour ago, rjbergen said:

No, that's for the antenna. I don't have an issue with the antenna. My issue is with the right angle connector on the cable that's integrated to the black box tuner that comes in the kit. The antenna plugs into the black box and has like 25 feet of cable so I'm fine there.

Call Fusion, see if they know anything.

4 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Call Fusion, see if they know anything.

I've actually emailed Fusion and they are sending me a special cable to see if that will do what I need. It will be in the mail tomorrow and I'll update when I receive it.

A quick update. I must say Fusion’s customer service is excellent. I started emailing them on Tuesday and sent them a picture to explain what the problem was and what I needed to fix it. They said they mail out a cable for free on Wed. I received it on Fri and it looks to be exactly what I needed. It’s a short 6” cable that should just be an extension for the SiriusXM tuner. I’ll try installing it this week and post some pictures. 

Did that cable have a part number associated with it?  One of the reasons I left Sirius last year was that we used our old Sirius tuner in both the truck and the Boat.  Their new SXV300 tuner plugs directly into the back of the radio with no extension cables available that I could find. My truck needed a new radio and it only worked with the newer sirius tuner.  But the new design prevented me from being able to swap it to my boat.

The old Tuner just had a plug, and you bought a cable to connect it to the radio.  That cable was available so I had two, one for the boat, one for the truck. Made it very nice to have one subscription for both vehicles.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:51 AM, dmtalon said:

Did that cable have a part number associated with it?  One of the reasons I left Sirius last year was that we used our old Sirius tuner in both the truck and the Boat.  Their new SXV300 tuner plugs directly into the back of the radio with no extension cables available that I could find. My truck needed a new radio and it only worked with the newer sirius tuner.  But the new design prevented me from being able to swap it to my boat.

The old Tuner just had a plug, and you bought a cable to connect it to the radio.  That cable was available so I had two, one for the boat, one for the truck. Made it very nice to have one subscription for both vehicles.

It did not have a part number on it. It was about 6" long and Fusion said they made a couple up specifically for customers with installation challenges.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, rjbergen said:

A quick update. I must say Fusion’s customer service is excellent. I started emailing them on Tuesday and sent them a picture to explain what the problem was and what I needed to fix it. They said they mail out a cable for free on Wed. I received it on Fri and it looks to be exactly what I needed. It’s a short 6” cable that should just be an extension for the SiriusXM tuner. I’ll try installing it this week and post some pictures. 

They are very good. Thats one of the reason way I like them.