Kntoys01

New impeller, no water flow

2015 350 mag mpi, b3, Had the shop change the impeller and wear plate. Old impeller looked good. Got home and ran on muffs but no water flow from the engine. Knew it might take a sec to draw water in, Gave the rpms a slight bump and a trickle stared coming out, temps came up and thermostat opened for a sec, water still not flowing as normal, then back to nuetral and temps rise to 180 and no real flow so shut it down. 

Update: seems at idle no flow, with rpm at 1000 flow good.  Back to idle and flow stops

Ran fine and flowed good before they replaced it.....Any ideas?

Take it back....or put it in the lake and see how it acts...muffs are iffy... could be a hose collapsing. 

I hate to say this but it sounds like they replaced the impeller, but not the wear plates. A used, healthy impeller over time wears into the groves in a damaged housing. Put a new, flat impeller in there, and they don't pump near as well as the old one. The flat ends of the impeller need flat end plates to seal or they will by-pass internally and refuse to prime, especially on muffs. The only other things to check is if you have the single point auto drain system and it was left in the "armed/drain position" or the suction hose quick coupler is not nested together completely. Either way, I'd take her back.  W

Thanks for the replies, its funny because I knew they would screw something up.  just going to take it back monday and play the waiting game of a couple weeks before they get to it ugh

Sounds to me, that if your temp was going down with a RPM increase. That your water supply was low.