RCraig

Alarms when on accessory switch

I bought a Chap 2014 246 SSI and when I turn the switch one click to accessory,  the gauges go through a check mode and then I get an alarm and Check engine message ..service required. All fluids are good and boat starts and runs great, and once it is started the alarm goes off.  The shop I bought the boat from says that is normal, but I am concerned it is not. Any help is appreciated.

It's normal. It's letting you know the alarm is working. The first click to the right is not accessories. 

Ok, great news and thanks for the info.  What is the first click for,  as you cant turn it left, it only goes once to the right for power and then further right to start?

The first click is to test the alarm system to make sure it is working, the second click to the right is to start the engine. It's not like a car where you have accessories to the left. The Accessories are live when you turn on your battery switch.  

OK

First click is "ignition on, gauges power up , and hard wired alarms using a ground will sound. eg: no oil pressure with key on

Second position is "start" to crank the motor.When released , it go into "ign on, motor running"

very good info, and much appreciated.  I didn't get any manuals with the boat, but plan to print them off the internet or buy them if I find any,  thanks all