DOG BOsSS

Trim not working

2005 220 SSI with 5.0 Volvo.  Trim not working.  Boat starts and runs.  Have 12.37 volts when off at the battery  I hear the solenoids click from the helm and the stern switches.  Check the fuse at the pump and it's fine.  Check all fuses and the connections that I think go to the pump.  The 50 amp break in the back is not tripped.  Hoping wing nut or another Volvo guy has the advice.  I'm trying a jumper wire but was hoping for some help before that.  Any help appreciated.

14 minutes ago, DOG BOsSS said:

2005 220 SSI with 5.0 Volvo.  Trim not working.  Boat starts and runs.  Have 12.37 volts when off at the battery  I hear the solenoids click from the helm and the stern switches.  Check the fuse at the pump and it's fine.  Check all fuses and the connections that I think go to the pump.  The 50 amp break in the back is not tripped.  Hoping wing nut or another Volvo guy has the advice.  I'm trying a jumper wire but was hoping for some help before that.  Any help appreciated.

There’s voltage to the relays which is excellent, and helpful information.

Is there voltage at the fuse holder at the pump? If no, work back until you find voltage. If yes, take a look at the ground to ensure it’s attached and not broken/split.

If there’s voltage at the pump and the ground is good, sounds like a failed motor.

Volvo’s had a number of trim systems over the years, so if you happen to have the engine model number, that’d be great.

Cleaned the connector to pump as there was a slight but of rust.  Di-electric grease...pump working....thank God it wasn't the pump...gonna get extra relays...got a slip this year so if the trim goes I can at least get it out of water...

1 hour ago, DOG BOsSS said:

Cleaned the connector to pump as there was a slight but of rust.  Di-electric grease...pump working....thank God it wasn't the pump...gonna get extra relays...got a slip this year so if the trim goes I can at least get it out of water...

Sounds like you’ve got it. Great job.