Sign in to follow this  
BoatAway

CO2 alarm not getting power

does anyone know if and where there is a fuse for the CO2 alarm in the cabin? I don't seem to be getting power to mine....

My boat has 4 or 5 stand alone fuses by the battery switch. One is labeled as 3 amp for the CO monitor. It is a 2003 235 ssi. I hope that helps.

2 hours ago, BoatAway said:

does anyone know if and where there is a fuse for the CO2 alarm in the cabin? I don't seem to be getting power to mine....

Most likely your CO detector is over 10 years old.  It is at EOL (end of life)  might be time to replace them.  

12 hours ago, The Great Escape II said:

Most likely your CO detector is over 10 years old.  It is at EOL (end of life)  might be time to replace them.  

This. You have a 16 year old boat, if the CO monitors have never been replaced, you need to do that.

As for power, if you pulled the monitor and checked the wire feeding it, you'll need to search for a fuse or circuit breaker. It will most likely be a fuse panel on a 2003 model boat. Check all around for a fuse panel and there may even be a secondary fuse panel somewhere.

I'll check the fuses near the battery switch (thanks!). I don't know why I didn't think to look there....

Yes, my old alarm went bad so this is the brand new replacement. I verified that there is no power on the wire.