Bt Doctur

just starting out , but getting the hang of it

13 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

a new sideline for me , my first job and the customer loves it.

DSCN4516.jpg DSCN4536.jpg DSCN4537.jpg

From one canvas guy to another, not bad. I can take apart, pattern, stuff and staple, but I could not sew a straight line if my life depended on it, nice work, I know how hard that was.  Denny.:clapsmiley:

Straight lines Are really tough on some fabrics.  The thread needs to be similar to the fabric. If not. The natural cotton type of thread can pucker terribly sometimes. Can look worse with each washing.

The PRESSER FOOT is very critical on super smooth fabrics.  Some machines can not handle the fabrics.

10 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

a new sideline for me , my first job and the customer loves it.

DSCN4516.jpg DSCN4536.jpg DSCN4537.jpg

Yeah looks nice as far as one can see with miniscule pictures.  How about posting MUCH larger pictures so we can see the detail a bit better and make out own judgment?

And speaking of judgment, those color combinations look like they belong in a Formula or Baja speed boat.  And I asked you the last time you were pushing your work if you did other things than cushions and you didn't answer me, why is that?  Simple yes or no would've been perfectly fine. I need a custom, water-proof canvas to wrap around my entire helm stations to cover the gauge panel, the steering wheel and throttle.  A separate throttle glove would be fine also since getting all of that covered in one piece would be difficult and use up a lot of unnecessary material.  Will you at least reply back one way or the other?

just click on the pic , it will enlarge it.

Not pushing my work because I`m still  learning it, I didnt respond because I`m just getting used to making these things.  I dont have any other work to show yet .

Have another  one for bolsters coming in in plain grey . Send me some pics of what your trying to do.

22 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

just click on the pic , it will enlarge it.

I thought I clicked it and it didn't do anything, but then I did again after you said this and it worked, my bad.  Looks good.  Interesting colors with the blue, gray, maroon and yellow stitching.  Am I right that it's going on a GoFast of some kind? :D Looks like the colors for a boat like that or even a Formula of some gofast type.

Not pushing my work because I`m still  learning it, I didnt respond because I`m just getting used to making these things.  I dont have any other work to show yet .

Push it, who cares.  You're showing off your work so what's the difference.  It's not like you're some big conglomerate trying to get free advertising on a small forum.

Have another  one for bolsters coming in in plain grey . Send me some pics of what your trying to do.

Ok, I'll do that.  I'd like to have a cover for my helm station made out of bright red canvas (not vinyl or leather since that gets hot) and that I can flop over the entire helm and maybe even the throttle as well, to protect them from rain in case there's a failure in the boat covers (and from the sun, too).  Even if it needs a few snaps here and there to snap it into place, I'm fine with that.  I can add snaps where needed.  I'll send you some drawings and dimensions.  That would be really cool because I've been using 2 towels to just lay over everything and an old sock for the throttle lmao.

not a go fast, just a plain GW walkaround,cust wanted just white, did some quick drawings and decided on those colors.

The rear seats have the same pattern and the seat backs match the seat bases. A prototype of the helm backrest and believe me this one was the toughest . Had to unstitch the oem to figure it out . and pattern the new material. 1st one was just card stock and then the vinyl .The learning curve for this type of work  is straight uphill but I`ll get it perfect.

DSCN4543.jpg

Looks great.  This is a trade that has a very high demand.  If you continue as you are doing and more orders start coming in, you'll end up having to expand because you won't be able to keep up on your own.  Just look around here and how many threads are opened looking for vinyl cushions or covers or what have you.  Best of luck to you and I can see this turning into a full time operation in no time at all.

I dont have enough time now servicing the boat customers I have now for repairs . Cant even imagine how I did it when I was still working a full time job with Verizon, now since retired .Only went this route because I`m getting older and really dont want to be crawling inside motor or motor boxes any more. Plus most of this would be done off season/ winter work time.

And what they charge in the east  is almost criminal "upholstery grand theft". I have a SR 220CC and one guy wanted 800 for just a mooring cover. That I can sew myself too. This all started because I needed to redo the rear seat, splash back and motor box for the boat

1st pic, inside skin removed, rotted wood replaced, skin re-glassed in

2nd row far right  repaired all the holes from the seat screws and used white epoxy appliance paint last pic on the bottom

3rd row, 1st pic relocated trim pump

3rd far right, how to repair the holes for the motor box hinges that were worn

3rd middle the new battery shelf , removable for any access needed

bottom pic the repaired motor box, 

for those following this post  just got a job for  bolsters for a Regulator . pics before and after to follow

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, Bt Doctur said:

my new rear seat

DSCN4551

I posted the larger version so we can see it a bit better.  Stitching looks good.

11 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

Preliminary pics of the bolsters for the Regulator, 2 more just like this only 9 footers.

Finished pics to follow

DSCN4574.jpg DSCN4575.jpg

What are those, bolsters?  Where do they go, on the side walls?