Sign in to follow this  
Jim Werner

210SSi - Options for additional height/cushion on pilot seat

I have the standard seating setup on my 210SSi (pic attached), with the pair of back to back seats.  Overall I like the setup, however I can't seem to find a comfortable way to drive the boat when standing with a knee on the seat for support.  The seats have a good amount of bolstering, which is fine when you are sitting, but not so great with a knee on them.   I believe the sport seat option has a flip up section in the bottom to help with this.

Any suggestions for an aftermarket option to help with this... a little additional padding for height/cushion?    I know some people use their throw-able flotation device, but I am looking for something a bit more integrated if possible.. plus, I don't want to compromise the integrity of the flotation device.

Jim

IMG_0423.JPG

Vaeda made seats for chap that are buckets w/flip up bolsters, wise also does but you hVe to figure out mounting.  I say get  removable pad, would cost a few bucks compared to whole seat.

You might be able to carve a cushion out of foam, do basic cover and tack it to bottom of seat base on straps or get a generic  one  and put teathers so you can flip it up.

Find a GOOD boat cover shop near you. They will make a removable pad to look & feel like what you want / need.  We have 2 good custom fabric shops in town. You will need to decide on closed or open celled & compression percent. The shop can help you withwhat you want If you bring the boat there. EMAIL these pictures first to see if they would do what you want.

Whats wrong with sitting on your throw cushion. It's not going to ruin it.