Sign in to follow this  
radmanca1

volvo penta rams

Hi i had my rams replaced in 2004 and only have about 100 hours on them and they are leaking again .. i have been on the phone with them for the last 2 weeks and get the runaround to call this number etc . i dont know who to now talk to but im thinking on now going to the news and put it on the air about there service etc . I only have 286 hours on the boat ,, , how can this be resolved ,??

Wait wuut?  The news?  Unless you work there or have some good connection, why would the news care about your rams on your boat?  I know you're frustrated but not sure that will work and won't really get you anywhere.  You need to understand that it's been 14 years since those were installed.  Nothing on a boat is warrantied for anywhere near that long, let alone a Volvo mechanical part, regardless of how litttle you've used them.

You also said ram(s), so you have twins and both are leaking power steering fluid?  Those run around $800 a piece (maybe more) and I don't believe they are repairable.  If it's any consolation, I had mine leak when it was 5 years old and it was past warranty so I had to pay for it myself.  It's a very tough DIY job because of the location.