Hatem

Looking for a Chaparral bimni boot cover (new or used in good condition).

Anyone have one they don't use or don't need and would like to get rid of it, please let me know.  Mine has ripped to shreds and is irreparable and besides, didn't have the white Chaparral lettering that I would like to have.  This is for my larger, rear bimini as I have the forward one which also doesn't have the Chaparral logo but I'm ok with that.  If anyone has them both and can only get rid of the two together, I would be up for that but they must have the logo on them as that is important to me.

I tried Joe Celano @NJ Chaparral Dealer on another thread and haven't heard back from him yet, so trying other sources.  Looking on Ebay and they all seem to come with the bimnin as well and I don't need that, just the boot(s).  Anyone wants to sell their, please let me know.

This is the only picture I could find but it shows what it looks like in red which honestly I wouldn't mind, either.

l_www.chaparralboats.com2010imagesssx276

\

12 hours ago, Hatem said:

Anyone have one they don't use or don't need and would like to get rid of it, please let me know.  Mine has ripped to shreds and is irreparable and besides, didn't have the white Chaparral lettering that I would like to have.  This is for my larger, rear bimini as I have the forward one which also doesn't have the Chaparral logo but I'm ok with that.  If anyone has them both and can only get rid of the two together, I would be up for that but they must have the logo on them as that is important to me.

I tried Joe Celano @NJ Chaparral Dealer on another thread and haven't heard back from him yet, so trying other sources.  Looking on Ebay and they all seem to come with the bimnin as well and I don't need that, just the boot(s).  Anyone wants to sell their, please let me know.

This is the only picture I could find but it shows what it looks like in red which honestly I wouldn't mind, either.

l_www.chaparralboats.com2010imagesssx276

\

If you have the old ones, I believe that I can get them duplicated, name and all at the canvas guy that I help.  Denny.

10 hours ago, Denny said:

If you have the old ones, I believe that I can get them duplicated, name and all at the canvas guy that I help.  Denny.

Really?  That would be awesome, Denny.  Thank you for the offer.  If Joe doesn't answer then I'll probably take you up on that, Denny.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Denny said:

So Denny, Joe Celano emailed me and said Chaparral doesn't make those boots anymore.  Before I get into the rest of this post, this is almost an indication that despite the newer boats Chaparra is building, they're not making all these really cool stuff to go along with them like with our boats.  Sure if you like a folding arch and that appeals to you, you still have a bimini and why wouldn't they make the boots for those?  Or dot they and they're different?  I notices this about a few things that they just don't make anymore and it's a shame.

So I have the rear boot for the larger bimini and that's in perfect shape although it doesn't have the Chaparral logo on it.  It's basically a flat piece of canvas that tapers at the two ends and has a heavy duty zipper to tie it shut.

Eb55BEX.jpg

gh0nulk.jpg

But it also has these tabs strategically placed to tie onto the those twisies on top of the arch.  One on each end short about a foot

ybV0LsD.jpg

This is the destroyed one for the front and smaller bmini but I think it's the same size.

WMRS9RU.jpg

TjUQbJC.jpg

Are these something you and your buddy can do?  In bright red like the pic above?  Lemme know.

25 minutes ago, Hatem said:

So Denny, Joe Celano emailed me and said Chaparral doesn't make those boots anymore.  Before I get into the rest of this post, this is almost an indication that despite the newer boats Chaparra is building, they're not making all these really cool stuff to go along with them like with our boats.  Sure if you like a folding arch and that appeals to you, you still have a bimini and why wouldn't they make the boots for those?  Or dot they and they're different?  I notices this about a few things that they just don't make anymore and it's a shame.

So I have the rear boot for the larger bimini and that's in perfect shape although it doesn't have the Chaparral logo on it.  It's basically a flat piece of canvas that tapers at the two ends and has a heavy duty zipper to tie it shut.

Eb55BEX.jpg

gh0nulk.jpg

But it also has these tabs strategically placed to tie onto the those twisies on top of the arch.  One on each end short about a foot

ybV0LsD.jpg

This is the destroyed one for the front and smaller bmini but I think it's the same size.

WMRS9RU.jpg

TjUQbJC.jpg

Are these something you and your buddy can do?  In bright red like the pic above?  Lemme know.

Everything is doable.

First I would see if they are the same size, put the back one on the front, and see if it will work.

If it is the same, then we can use the back one as a template for both.

Also does the back one fit the way you like it? It looks a little bunched up at the end.

Color is not an issue, you pick it out.

You were talking about embroidering, not sure what that would cost, it would be subleted out. 

What do the tabs do, hold the bimini in place? Denny.

8 hours ago, Denny said:

Everything is doable.

Hey that's my line! :)

8 hours ago, Denny said:

First I would see if they are the same size, put the back one on the front, and see if it will work.

I'll take a look today, going out all day today again.

8 hours ago, Denny said:

Also does the back one fit the way you like it? It looks a little bunched up at the end.

Yeah that's because that side of the bimini poles doesn't have a bracket to clip it to the radar arch.  Imagine that, they sent the boat out of the factory or dealer with just one bracket on one side?!  Oh wait, that is imaginable.

8 hours ago, Denny said:

You were talking about embroidering, not sure what that would cost, it would be subleted out. 

Yeah if it's red (since I'm probably going to paint he radar arch black) it will look nice in red with white lettering for the Chaparral.

8 hours ago, Denny said:

What do the tabs do, hold the bimini in place? Denny.

You can see it in the 3rd pic from the top, they hold the bimini to the radar arch with those screw nubs or whatever they're called.

Thanks, Denny.

ybV0LsD.jpg