Sign in to follow this  
Hatem

How would you fix this?

The left side hinge on my vacufush toilet seat got broke when a buddy of mine sat on it and forgot to lift the seat first.  Then when he got off, I guess his bare asss  got stuck to it and twisted it as he twisted his body to reach behind in that tightly-spaced head to lift the seat.  I have since washed the seat very well LOL and disinfected it but I'll be dammed if I buy a whole new seat just for a broken hinge, let alone try to find the gaddam part number for this SOB.

What would any of you guys do? Find two different types of hinges that are close enough and see if they wood work?  If so, where do I look for that?  Would you fabricate a piece out of starboard or hard plastic and what kind exactly?  I could easily cut the shape on a band saw and carve an exact duplicate just don't know what material to use.

Or does/has anyone ran into this issue and actually found a replacement without buying the entire toilet seat cover and can share that info?

ghMNCEm.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, ColdOne said:

JB Weld for plastic?

I never realized how amazingly strong that crap is, bro!  That's a good idea.  I was thinking along the lines of 5-minute epoxy but now you got me thinking this might be stronger.

I use JB weld on a couple of pieces of metal and wood while experinemtnin with something and I couldn't get the #%&*%^ apart on a vice.  I had to use a rubber mallet and pound it apart I couldn't believe it. but it was for steel.  Are you saying they have a JB weld just for plastic?

5 minutes ago, ColdOne said:

They  do! Have used it several times and it works well.

Thanks, CO.  I will try that and because it's white, I  can sand it down flush and make it blend in much better.  I'll keep you posted.

Holy crap, and I mean CRAP! :haha-7383:  I think this is the MOST the holding tank on the 276 has EVER had in it!  From all the people I had on board the other day using it left and right (which BTW, as a result of that and using the sink a lot and even the transom shower, I left the master switch on for the water pressure practically the entire time hey what do you know?!?!) and then the day I had to get in there so fast and didn't make it and then just on Friday (or was it Saturday?  I forget) I had to take one of the biggest dumps I've ever had to take lmfao and why it came on while I was out all alone in the middle of the ocean, I have no idea but it did.

Trying to get into the head to take care of business while no one else is on board is a little hairy. Thankfully I was out far enough that no other boats were around. Once in a great while I would hear one zipping by about a mile away but I figured if someone came close enough, they would think the boat is abandoned even if it's running.  A weird but new and interesting concept I've never gone through before.

Either way, now I know for sure that tank will need to be pumped out and won't last until the end of the season like I typically do and pull the whole thing out and dump it and clean it.

But back to the thread subject, I've found several ways to repair that broken hinge along with @ColdOne's great idea with the plastic JB Weld.  I was comparing some stainless steel sets already mounted on toilet covers at Home Depot and the whole setup is pretty cheap.  So instead of spending the time to glue it and sand it and hope it sticks and even after sitting on that seat with these last two crazy experiences, I noticed that the factory hinges on that seat are really cheap quality.  They move a lot even if tightened very well and no wonder it broke.  So I'm thinking of replacing both of them by exchanging the SS ones off a whole set from HD which was only $25 or something like that. 

I'll be in there today and check the measurements to the vacuflush cover and see if it's close or if it will or won't work for whatever reason.  But I do think this is the best way to go.

3 hours ago, Hatem said:

Holy crap, and I mean CRAP! :haha-7383:  I think this is the MOST the holding tank on the 276 has EVER had in it!  From all the people I had on board the other day using it left and right (which BTW, as a result of that and using the sink a lot and even the transom shower, I left the master switch on for the water pressure practically the entire time hey what do you know?!?!) and then the day I had to get in there so fast and didn't make it and then just on Friday (or was it Saturday?  I forget) I had to take one of the biggest dumps I've ever had to take lmfao and why it came on while I was out all alone in the middle of the ocean, I have no idea but it did.

Trying to get into the head to take care of business while no one else is on board is a little hairy. Thankfully I was out far enough that no other boats were around. Once in a great while I would hear one zipping by about a mile away but I figured if someone came close enough, they would think the boat is abandoned even if it's running.  A weird but new and interesting concept I've never gone through before.

Either way, now I know for sure that tank will need to be pumped out and won't last until the end of the season like I typically do and pull the whole thing out and dump it and clean it.

But back to the thread subject, I've found several ways to repair that broken hinge along with @ColdOne's great idea with the plastic JB Weld.  I was comparing some stainless steel sets already mounted on toilet covers at Home Depot and the whole setup is pretty cheap.  So instead of spending the time to glue it and sand it and hope it sticks and even after sitting on that seat with these last two crazy experiences, I noticed that the factory hinges on that seat are really cheap quality.  They move a lot even if tightened very well and no wonder it broke.  So I'm thinking of replacing both of them by exchanging the SS ones off a whole set from HD which was only $25 or something like that. 

I'll be in there today and check the measurements to the vacuflush cover and see if it's close or if it will or won't work for whatever reason.  But I do think this is the best way to go.

Dude. Some details are better left to you and only you.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Dude. Some details are better left to you and only you.

Would you prefer me to delete it?  You quoted the entire post so the whole thing was in bad taste, vulgar humor that doesn't have a place in this forum?  Help me understand, please.  I'm confused and dont want to make assumptions until I fully understand where you're coming from.

7 hours ago, Hatem said:

Would you prefer me to delete it?  You quoted the entire post so the whole thing was in bad taste, vulgar humor that doesn't have a place in this forum?  Help me understand, please.  I'm confused and dont want to make assumptions until I fully understand where you're coming from.

No need to delete it. It’s been posted and read (my eyes are still burning, although I did chuckle). Just wanted to mention some details are better kept to yourself. For example, toward the end of that first paragraph.

18 hours ago, Curt said:

No need to delete it. It’s been posted and read (my eyes are still burning, although I did chuckle). Just wanted to mention some details are better kept to yourself. For example, toward the end of that first paragraph.

Hahaha, good, I'm glad.  I only asked because your wording could've went both ways and I'm glad you took it as only vulgar humor.  Most fun humor is vulgar anyway and speaking of vulgar, let me tell you, that dump was the size of Manhattan!  Not only was I surprised the tank was able to store it, but that it actually allowed the vacuflush ball to rotate and allow most of it through.  Although it did take a couple of flushes, it was all good in the end.

The problem is I am such a routine guy.  35 years of getting up, having my coffee which is the trigger to this BTW but because lately I've been scooting out early for sunrise cruise and fishing, my bowel movement timings have been thrown for a loop.  So I need to make adjustments. :) 

BTW, there is a MAJOR lack of fish problem in New England waters which hasn't been seen in many years.  @Water Dawg 6. are you experiencing anything like that in NC at all?  It's actually been on the news and I'm not sure what the reason is, but there is something coming from Canada that has skewed the fish count all over New England wish sucks royally. I can't wait to catch even a baby bonita like this one which we were cathing by the dozens last year.  Yeah don't get your fingers  caught in that mouth.

X2RTwBn.jpg