WaterDR

Garbage can full of water

2002 Sunesta.  Twice now I have found the garbage can full of water.  Boat is always covered.

rain water and can’t figure how the #$^% water is filling the can bit not ended up anyway else.  And it’s LOADs of water.  Only after major rains.

The can is stored in the under sink area.  

Anyone else run into this?

I am recently new chaparral 260 owner (2003) and had to do lots of cleanup on interior, light mildew from lack of care. I had a gallon of water in forward v berth storage locker. Cleaned it out and now chasing a rear bed area leak. I think these may be due to poor bedding or lack of bedding of exterior fixtures.  I am chasing mine down one area at a time right now. It's been a lot of work bringing boat back from neglect.. try doing one area at a time.

have an 04 SSI and same exact situation.  I think its running down the poles for the Bimini top.

I have a 03 ssi and water runs out of my bimini poles after being covered. Not sure why other than possible condensation. 

On 7/21/2019 at 12:54 AM, WaterDR said:

2002 Sunesta.  Twice now I have found the garbage can full of water.  Boat is always covered.

rain water and can’t figure how the #$^% water is filling the can bit not ended up anyway else.  And it’s LOADs of water.  Only after major rains.

The can is stored in the under sink area.  

Anyone else run into this?

Do you have a tower?  On our 2018 Sunesta, a ton was coming in around the tower and getting in the trash can and also randomly coming out UNDER the wetbar. Had to have cover add ons make to go up over the first "rung" of the tower. Plus we found they didn't bother to caulk where the tower bolts in or put a rubber gasket between top of the gunwale and the tower base.