Mike Ba

Accessory panel

The accessory panel on my1986 235 XLC is not working. The gauges on the main panel are working. I replaced the 30 A fuse by the battery off-on switch and still no power. Any thoughts?

On 8/4/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mike Ba said:

The accessory panel on my1986 235 XLC is not working. The gauges on the main panel are working. I replaced the 30 A fuse by the battery off-on switch and still no power. Any thoughts?

My troubleshooting recommendations for electrical always starts with a voltmeter and checking voltages. Start at the battery and confirm there's 12+ VDC. Then check at the battery switch. Then the next stop is probably the accessory panel. Use the engine block for ground. Confirm that the negative wire from your battery is connected to the engine block.

Basically, walk through the electrical system starting at the batteries and touching each connection point along the way. Come back with results and we can help more.

8 hours ago, rjbergen said:

My troubleshooting recommendations for electrical always starts with a voltmeter and checking voltages. Start at the battery and confirm there's 12+ VDC. Then check at the battery switch. Then the next stop is probably the accessory panel. Use the engine block for ground. Confirm that the negative wire from your battery is connected to the engine block.

Basically, walk through the electrical system starting at the batteries and touching each connection point along the way. Come back with results and we can help more.

Yep! Start at the source and work forward. Or at least a known good point. 

Thank you for the input! I used a voltage meter and discovered a plastic connector under the side wall had corroded like a battery terminal! Cleaned it with baking soda and walah!!!