Sign in to follow this  
Steve24

2005 310 Signature

The thing is, for the first 6 weeks of the season, I had no problem getting on plane. It was something the just happened after a couple days/nights out. Didn't run the boat while we were out. This weekend I did try what you suggested Water Dawg with the trim. I tried several different settings and It didn't change.  I have always put my tabs down and drives all the way down when getting to plane. Then once on plane I put tabs up and adjust as needed.  Same with the drives, adjust as needed.  There's no build up or anything like that on the hull or drives. 

Yes it's 5.7's with Bravo 3's. 

I'm also wondering if maybe there could be a blockage is the exhaust system, but then I'm like "why would it happen to both engines at the same time. I am hoping my mechanic can get at the injectors this week. I will keep you all up to date on what the fix is when it gets done. 

It's a little frustrating when the boat isn't running right. I have been using it though, because it will plane eventually. Sometimes I have to try 3 of 4 times because I can tell if she is going to go or not.

Thanks all for all the suggestions. I will keep you posted.

A slight turn helps with planing... Lays more of the hull into the water to create lift... Just a slight turn though. 

It can still be bad gasoline. ASK every other bigger cruiser if they are slower to get onto a full plane.  Maybe ? ASK  if they  have gasoline V 8s.

What gas are you using Marine Hi Test 0 percent Ethanol ? ………….. Auto  0% E .  Auto Ethanol Low or hi Test  Did your gas dock switch from what they used last year ?

Fuel pressure tests will not find a low GPM gas flow rate . It will help point the way.

I had issue planing a few months back and drove me nuts. I looked at all the hardest items ( injectors, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, tps etc etc) After all that ended up being trim relay fuse block was shot and wasnt allowing my one drive to go back down only up. I heard the pump cycle from the other motor so I was thinking they were both going down but only one was.  It wasnt until I looked back and saw literally a rooster tail coming out of the water that I realize one drive was way up and one was way down and my boat is just too #%^$&%$ heavy to get on plane with only one motor pushing. Replaced Trim fuse block and she jumps up and is out . Sometimes its the simpliest things we over look! Check the obvious first!

Steve is a SCUBA person.  No problem for him to check the drives at the pier Or while underway..

I am sure the mechanic checked the throttle linkage of both engines To open all the way.  I chased my less than WOT for a while with slipped linkage on the 1986 engine. Wondered why at idle the speed changed when I set it to SHALLOW DEPTH.  Linkage clamps had became loose.  

On 8/20/2019 at 9:57 PM, 330Signature said:

I had issue planing a few months back and drove me nuts. I looked at all the hardest items ( injectors, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, tps etc etc) After all that ended up being trim relay fuse block was shot and wasnt allowing my one drive to go back down only up. I heard the pump cycle from the other motor so I was thinking they were both going down but only one was.  It wasnt until I looked back and saw literally a rooster tail coming out of the water that I realize one drive was way up and one was way down and my boat is just too #%^$&%$ heavy to get on plane with only one motor pushing. Replaced Trim fuse block and she jumps up and is out . Sometimes its the simpliest things we over look! Check the obvious first!

Thanks for your input. I actually did check that right from the start of the issue. I did the plug wires this weekend because my injectors didn't get done last week and it won't be until next week before they get done now. Changing the wires didn't change anything either, but like you said, try the simple things first. I think I am running out of simple things.   

On 8/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, 330Signature said:

Stilll not resolved?

So my Mechanic pull all the injectors. 6 were plugged and the other 10 were very dirty. Had them all cleaned and flowed, new screens and new O-rings. Took the boat out on Saturday. No change. Very frustrated. He said he is going to do a compression test next. The injectors needed to be done anyway, so it is money well spent. Just do know what the #$^% is going on with it. Hoping it's something simpler that an engine re-man. Time will tell. 

Good luck Steve.

All the injectors were bad on both engines ? Suddenly at the same times ?   Why does bad gasoline come to mind ? Or weak running ignition battery.