rreale

VP control arm is loose

My throttle lever has more play in it now than it used to.  Is there a way too tighten it?  I am unable to locate a good drawing for it.   I have noticed that some have set screws, but this one does not appear to have them.  i have also had someone suggest i remove the throttle only button, and there might be a screw under there.   Its a side mount volvo penta with a safety lanyard.  the plate that mounts to the side upholstery is attached firmly.  According to the volvo parts guide the part number is 3858878.

thx

You should be able to take up the slack at the other end of the cable in the engine compartment. 

i dont think the cable is loose.  there is some port to starboard throttle play when you are locked into neutral

Pop the center button out of the shifter you will see a hex or start screw inside retighten it.    Don't ignore it my throttle came off in my hand as I was approaching a crowed beach had to use kill switch..

thx. that was it.   Actually was a bolt in there.  snugged it up with a ratchet and socket. the bolt was very loose.  throttle was most likely gonna fall off soon.