Jump to content
Denny

Georgian Bay Adventure

Recommended Posts

Thinking about another trip to Canada, looking for some help in locating a couple of marinas with transient dockage, in the Georgian bay area.

Been by it on our last trip when we stopped at the Benjamin and Apostle Islands, so we would like to explore it.

I figure good local knowledge is worth more then the internet.

Any help from my northern neighbors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, Denny said:

Thinking about another trip to Canada, looking for some help in locating a couple of marinas with transient dockage, in the Georgian bay area.

Been by it on our last trip when we stopped at the Benjamin and Apostle Islands, so we would like to explore it.

I figure good local knowledge is worth more then the internet.

Any help from my northern neighbors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Denny.

When are you planning this trip, Denny?  The only person I know on this board who is from Canada is @Exoset.  Maybe he gets this tag and chimes in for you.

Hope you have a great time and take lots of pics and post them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, Denny said:

Thinking about another trip to Canada, looking for some help in locating a couple of marinas with transient dockage, in the Georgian bay area.

Been by it on our last trip when we stopped at the Benjamin and Apostle Islands, so we would like to explore it.

I figure good local knowledge is worth more then the internet.

Any help from my northern neighbors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Denny.

I would look at Active Captain or Dockwa.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iggy said:

I would look at Active Captain or Dockwa.......

Thanks, will do.

Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hatem said:

When are you planning this trip, Denny?  The only person I know on this board who is from Canada is @Exoset.  Maybe he gets this tag and chimes in for you.

Hope you have a great time and take lots of pics and post them.

Was going to try this year in mid Sept.

Weather is not that stable this time of year, so we will research it over the winter and plan it for late Jul, or 1st part of Aug next year.

Want to do it when the weather is at it's warmest.

Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Denny said:

Was going to try this year in mid Sept.

Weather is not that stable this time of year, so we will research it over the winter and plan it for late Jul, or 1st part of Aug next year.

Want to do it when the weather is at it's warmest.

Denny.

Interesting that it's such a gorgeous place but the water temperatures are probably the best right about now, or at least during August.  September is a bit cooler but not too bad compared to August. 

Average water temperatures recorded.

https://seatemperature.info/georgian-bay-water-temperature.html

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hatem said:

Interesting that it's such a gorgeous place but the water temperatures are probably the best right about now, or at least during August.  September is a bit cooler but not too bad compared to August. 

Average water temperatures recorded.

https://seatemperature.info/georgian-bay-water-temperature.html

 

 

 

Thanks for the info.

I don't plan on going in it, if I can help it.

My concern is air temp.

Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×